• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

I have a new kitty!

Started by DesertRose, September 08, 2007, 10:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

I now have the beginnings of my own Meow Mafia.

We've adopted a kitten who started hanging around by our back door; we tried to find her owners but couldn't so we're keeping her.  Her name is Sweetie Pie because she is just such a sweet cat.  She loves to curl up on my chest and purr at me while I pet her.  She and my adult cat, Tessa, love to play together but haven't yet started sleeping next to each other (Sweetie Pie is still too new, I think).
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/AZDesertRose/Pics%20I%20Took/Animals/Kitten1.jpg  This is what she looks like.

We're taking all the animals to the vet next month, and we'll have her spayed then.  She is just adorable, and the sweetest cat I've met in a long time.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Awwww! She's very cute! Smart too, obviously, since she found cat loving humans to take her in!  There's something about a purring cat snuggling with you that is very satisfying. I should know, I have two of them.

You should put a picture of her up on the pet pictures area on this board, too.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DesertRose

Done.  I put up a picture of Tessa, too, so that both my meows are represented.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)