collapse

Welcome to the Worlds of Katherine Kurtz

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle!

KK Chat is at 7pm Eastern on Sundays, except on the first Sunday of the month, when it is at 5pm Eastern to accommodate fans in the UK and Europe.

Come join us in chat! And Happy reading!

Pin yourself on the member map.

Author Topic: The Two Kingdoms: An Introduction  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Elkhound

• Prince/Princess
  • Favorite Book: The King's Justice
  • Favorite Character: Denis Arilan
Re: The Two Kingdoms: An Introduction
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 05:04:00 pm »
As a Brit and a monarchist  I am deeply ashamed that I did not notice this. I am now wondering if Kelson has become "The King over the water" perhaps taking refuge in his mother's homeland of Bremagne.

Perhaps in secret; which is why the Bremagni Ambassador makes no mention of "Your Majesty's grandson. . . "

Offline Elkhound

• Prince/Princess
  • Favorite Book: The King's Justice
  • Favorite Character: Denis Arilan
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 08:13:54 pm »
It just occured to me a scenario about how Kelson managed to survive.  In canon, even though totally untrained, Jehanna was able to give Charissa serious pause before she was overcome.  What if maternal desperation got her access to some even greater level of power?  She might have been able to hold her off even longer, perhaps even being able to hit back a little.  That would have probably riled Charissa's pride--that a totally untrained Deryni could actually HURT her--the point where she wouldn't just have put Jehanna into a trance, but have INCINERATED her.  However, in the confusion, Morgan & Duncan would have been able to get the stunned Kelson out of there; by the time he got over the shock of seeing his mother killed before his eyes, he'd be halfway to Bremagne, who would take up for the cause of their martyred princess by giving him shelter.

Offline Shiral

• Zipper Sister
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 08:24:52 pm »
It just occured to me a scenario about how Kelson managed to survive.  In canon, even though totally untrained, Jehanna was able to give Charissa serious pause before she was overcome.  What if maternal desperation got her access to some even greater level of power?  She might have been able to hold her off even longer, perhaps even being able to hit back a little.  That would have probably riled Charissa's pride--that a totally untrained Deryni could actually HURT her--the point where she wouldn't just have put Jehanna into a trance, but have INCINERATED her.  However, in the confusion, Morgan & Duncan would have been able to get the stunned Kelson out of there; by the time he got over the shock of seeing his mother killed before his eyes, he'd be halfway to Bremagne, who would take up for the cause of their martyred princess by giving him shelter.

Which is likely, since Kelson is Jehana's son, and therefore blood kin to the Bremagni Royal family.
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan & Rhys Thuryn-May they be Family.
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 02:54:10 am »
Elkhound, your scenario has plausibility. I like it.

I had been thinking that Morgan would not have taken Kelson out of the Cathedral, because he knew in his heart that Kelson would have to be the one to defeat Charissa, and he trusted that Kelson would find the answer to his power. But if your setup occurred, with Jehanna being "INCINERATED" (Holy Crap indeed) then Kelson would have been too shaken to think clearly and Morgan was too injured to stand in his stead. I can see where in that situation Morgan would have demanded Duncan steal Kelson out of the cathedral and back to the Sacristy.  They would have jumped to Duncan's portal in his study. And from there, when Charissa starts to burn the city down in her rage, they would have escaped by the river, most likely. Remember Morgan and Duncan do not know any other portal jumps at that time. I do not know if Alaric would have had time to heal himself in that disastrous scenario. Perhaps when they got to Duncan's study.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Ebook Sale on 8/21/2017 (The Temple and the Stone) by Evie
[August 20, 2017, 07:30:16 pm]

KK Chat--20 August 2017 by Evie
[August 20, 2017, 07:24:15 pm]

KK Chat -- 13 August 2017 by DesertRose
[August 13, 2017, 07:40:18 pm]

Re: Descendants of Camber MacRorie- Deryni Genealogies Master Post by DesertRose
[August 10, 2017, 03:56:05 pm]

Re: Descendants of Camber MacRorie- Deryni Genealogies Master Post by Laurna
[August 10, 2017, 01:13:54 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Poster

Evie Evie
1918 Posts
Elkhound