• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Wreath with keys

Started by BalanceTheEnergies, December 21, 2016, 02:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalanceTheEnergies

Here's a picture of that wreath I was describing during the Sunday 12/18/16 chat:
Dubito ergo sum

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

BalanceTheEnergies

Dubito ergo sum

DesertRose

Here are my bells on my front door.  The bow is actually a replacement.  The original bow was some sort of velvet-type stuff that dry-rotted and fell apart a year or two ago, so I replaced it with some red satin ribbon I had in my sewing box for some reason long-forgotten--the ribbon had been in my sewing box so long that it was in a Cloth World bag!  ;D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Very nice, BtE.   I can almost see you making your rounds with the keys and locking up the manor house before retiring for the night.  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

BalanceTheEnergies

Lovely bells DR. It's handy to have leftovers. Somewhere I have a partial spool of the same ribbon that's on my wreath, so I can replace as needed. Not that I've needed to thus far; that's the original ribbon I put on it in 2001 (when I bought it for my first downtown apartment).

Not sure if I'd make a good chatelaine, Jerusha. Admittedly, I have some difficulty putting myself in ye olde days, knowing my health record as I do. I suspect I would not have survived to adulthood, and I'm a lousy liar, so if I did live so long, the Inquisition (or it's local equivalent) would've gotten me.
Dubito ergo sum

DesertRose

Thank you!  On contemplation, I may have intended to make a hair bow with that ribbon, but I'm a little old for that now!  :D