• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 121
Total: 123
Shiral
tmcd
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Dear Abby

Started by Elkhound, January 31, 2012, 11:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

Dear RvH~"

Not everyone can be good at everything, but this world being what it is, you need to learn at least the basics of fighting.  What if you were attacked?  Or your mother or your sisters?  Wouldn't you want to at least be able to make a decent effort at defending them?  And if your domain were invaded, even if you weren't on the front lines leading the troops, you'd need to be able to understand the reports from your field commanders and give them intelligent directions.  Think of it as an intellectual problem; as for everything aching, it is said that pain is a sign of weakness leaving the body.  Doubtless you have heard the saying "mens sana in copore sano"; without a strong, healthy body you can't be your best intellectually. 

You say you are working hard; continue to give your best to all your studies, and eventually you'll find a place where you can serve and lead according to your abilities.

Sincerely,

Abby"

Jerusha

Dear RC:

Sometimes, when faced with grave uncertainty, you must grab life by the tail and take a leap of faith.

Abby.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

Quote from: Jerusha on January 31, 2012, 08:34:15 PM
Dear RC:

Sometimes, when faced with grave uncertainty, you must grab life by the tail and take a leap of faith.

Abby.

*grins*

Marko

Dear Abby,
My oldest son's body was returned to me after an apparent heart attack.  He was only 30.  My younger son and his best friend, a healer, don't believe the cause of death was a heart attack.  They want to avenge my oldest son's death by replacing his employer with a descendant from the "old family."  Should I support them in this endeavor?

C McR

bronwynevaine

These were all hilarious--and I needed a good laugh! I especially liked Cinhil's "Dear Abbey" but I'm going to try an addition to the Duncan and Maryse letters:

Dear Abby,

My eldest son was killed in a bar fight two months ago. My eldest daughter just confided to me that she is pregnant. A member of that boy's household killed my son and my daughter swears she loves that boy. Our families are feuding as a result of my son's murder.

She claims that they were secretly married before she got pregnant but who will ever believe that? The "wedding" took place in the chapel of his parents' castle at midnight. She insists that God was the only witness they needed, and the only person they trusted.

Thank goodness her father is away at war. He would threaten to  kill that boy and that would make this stupid blood feud worse. He's actually a nice boy from a good family. But a member of his father's household killed my son.

What should I do?

A of T
I don't just march to the beat of a different drummer...I dance to a beat no one else can hear :)

derynifanatic64

Dear Abby:

This letter was sent to you by my colleagues after my recent death so you could give your opinion to help them understand my recent actions which lead to my death.

Several years ago, I took over the identity of a former colleague who was serving a very bad man.  The bad man was the CEO of a company who was attempting a hostile takeover of a rival company.  This man would do anything, even murder, to take over this other company.  He launched his takeover bid and the other CEO accepted the challenge and they met in the boardroom of a neutral company.  Each CEO had 3 co-workers at the meeting and 4 other people acted as mediators during the meeting to ensure no one could interrupt them.  I offered a toast of wine as a sign of good faith on my boss' part and he, I, and our co-workers drank the wine.  I then revealed my true identity to everyone and that the wine was poisoned.  My boss was outraged, but he realized that he was doomed and his plot to take over the other company had failed.  My actions allowed his company to be taken over by his rival instead.  The other CEO all gave us the coup de grace so we would not suffer any longer than necessary.  My actions may not have been honorable, but I couldn't let this evil CEO get control of the other company.  Thousands of jobs and lives were at stake.  Do you think my colleagues will be able to forgive me and understand my motives for doing what I thought was necessary?

S.C.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Laurna

Oh my, I just finished reading that scene Thursday, for the umpteenth time, but newly on my digital kindle version. How SC managed to play Rhydon for seven years without taken 'the bad man CEO' out by some  humm "accident" I will never know.

I often wondered how bad the outcome might have been if Stefan had not taken that hard line stance. I have no doubt that Kelson would have prevailed, but I would have cried fierce tears if any of the others had not survived.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Marko

Dear Abby,
12 years ago I took over the identity of a very dear friend of mine after he prematurely died.  I had found my influence with the CEO of the company we both worked for was ebbing.  The CEO was no longer accepting input from me as to anything that was good for the company.  Alister was a rising star in the company and if the CEO had found out that Alister had died prematurely, I think the company would have taken a downturn at best and at worst the previous owners could have had a serious chance to take over.  That would not have been good.  Now the CEO is on his death bed.  Should I tell him that I'm not his good friend Alister, but that I am the one he grew to deeply dislike?

C McR (A C)