collapse

Welcome to the Worlds of Katherine Kurtz

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle!

KK Chat is at 7pm Eastern on Sundays, except on the first Sunday of the month, when it is at 5pm Eastern to accommodate fans in the UK and Europe.

Come join us in chat! And Happy reading!

Pin yourself on the member map.

Author Topic: Healing Pneumonia  (Read 481 times)

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
  • Favorite Book: Deryni Magic
  • Favorite Character: Rhys Thuryn *sob*
Pneumonia
« on: November 03, 2016, 04:34:55 pm »
So those who were in chat Sunday might remember me saying that I hadn't been feeling too hot most of the weekend.

It transpires to be pneumonia.  I'm actually mostly breathing okay; the worst bit for me has been the lack of energy and the amount of effort it seems to take to do the most ordinary things.

I'm taking my meds and following doctor's orders and all that jazz, but I figured prayers/healing energy/good thoughts could not possibly be a bad idea.

Thanks!

~DR

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Prince/Princess
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan
Re: Pneumonia
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:22:22 pm »
Many, many good thoughts for a quick recovery coming your way!

(I originally made a typo and it said many good thugs coming your way.  But hey, if it helps beat the pneumonia, I'll send them in, too!)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »
Many, many good thoughts for a quick recovery coming your way!

(I originally made a typo and it said many good thugs coming your way.  But hey, if it helps beat the pneumonia, I'll send them in, too!)

*imagines the antibiotics as big burly dudes with clubs beating the ever-loving daylights out of the pneumonia bacteria*

;D

Thanks, for both the good thoughts and the giggle-inducing mental image!

Offline Shiral

• Zipper Sister
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 10:25:03 pm »
Jerusha, you've committed a Nanoism, which is a typo that makes a sentence more hilarious.  ;D But hey, as long as they're GOOD thugs that can beat away pneumonia, send them along.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Prince/Princess
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan & Rhys Thuryn-May they be Family.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 12:00:34 am »
First your temporarily forced out of your home by hurricane storms, and now pneumonia. The one may be a result of the other. Please, stay warm and dry, and be Healthy. Healing thoughts sent from coast to coast.

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 03:01:01 am »
Thank you all for the healing thoughts/prayers/general positivity.   :D

I would like to request a bit more, because apparently pneumonia wasn't enough; Thursday morning I woke up with sinus congestion (which may be an allergy flare-up but is a masterpiece of crap timing) and Friday morning, my IBS decided to start flaring up after having more or less behaved itself for a couple of weeks.  The psych med situation is still ongoing; it might be starting to stabilize but it's a little early to say.  Additionally, Friday night, I got some unpleasant news regarding a family situation that made me very angry although there's little I can directly do about it, and for the last two or three nights I haven't been able to get enough sleep, which has been an ongoing problem for the last six-to-eight weeks and one of which I am heartily tired (for multiple values of "tired").   I have never been able to function well on short sleep, not even in my teens or twenties, and as a forty-year-old ill in body and mind, to say that the short sleep is not doing me any favors might be the understatement of my life.

So I'm feeling very much like screaming "Cut me a little [bleeping] slack here, will ya?!" at any and all Powers That Be, and I would appreciate the positive/healing thoughts and prayers.   >:(

Side note:  Anyone who says "God never gives us more than we can handle" is going to end up wearing a US ladies size 11 shoe between their buttocks, because that expression rides right up my temper on the best of days, and this is decidedly NOT my best day.   :o

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Prince/Princess
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 04:59:58 pm »
DR, time to take care of you! Have a bowl of hot soup for dinner and then cool your throat with some ice cream. Or one of those liqueur float drinks everyone was talking about in chat last week. I remember my mom used to make a whisky/ vanilla ice cream float for winter gatherings (for the adults) We kids would get the 7up/lime sherbet float, which I still like today.  Though, I don't have the ingredients in my house to make either. Today, is my first "Clean House" day in a few weeks. So you can guess what I am doing.  (Sitting at the Computer, between vacuum sessions.) ;D

Get well!

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Prince/Princess
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 06:59:47 pm »
It sounds like we need to send in more thugs - first group, to attach the pneumonia; second group, IBS; third group, hot toddies; fourth group, warm hugs.

I'm not sure thugs are great at warm hugs, but sending comforting thoughts to you again, and as often as needed. And a gentle lullaby for some sleep.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Offline Shiral

• Zipper Sister
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 07:14:04 pm »
"Warm Hug Thug"....My next tee shirt, maybe?

Sorry you're going through all this health trouble, DR. Sending messages to the universe to ease up the onslaught because it really does sound like way too much at once.  Wishing you virtual warm milk for a good restful sleep. Sleep is one of the best things to help your body to get to work on all the other problems you're contending with, right now.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 07:20:44 pm »
Thanks, y'all.  On Monday, I can call my psychiatric office and, if history is any indication, they will probably get me an appointment quickly to try to do something about the sleep problem; they're good like that.

Carys and I also did manage a 2.5 hour nap this afternoon, which helped, and tonight is Fall Back, so if my body/brain will just let me stay asleep, that's an extra hour to sleep.

*crosses fingers*

Thanks again.  :)

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
Re: Pneumonia/Bronchitis/Pleurisy
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 11:05:10 am »
I spend several hours last night in the ER because my chest was hurting on both sides, and it hurt so much to breathe that I wanted to cry, but I was trying not to cry because I knew that would just make the breathing problems worse.  The diagnosis has shifted to viral bronchitis/pleurisy.

With regards to the sleep, my psychiatric nurse practitioner made a medication dosage change over the phone on Tuesday (I think it was) because his appointment schedule was totally booked solid, and I see him on next Tuesday (that appointment has been scheduled for a couple of weeks) to discuss it all in detail.  I'm still having trouble staying asleep (which has been the problem all along; I can fall asleep, but I can't stay asleep long enough to get sufficient rest for my brain and body to work to spec), but we'll see what happens, I guess.

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Prince/Princess
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 11:15:31 am »
Egads, DesertRose!  Many, many healing thoughts coming your way and hoping all is well soon.

-- Old English Litany

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Prince/Princess
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 11:54:26 am »
Waves of healing thoughts are floating over the internet to your computer screen. Place your hands on your CPU and feel the warmth meant for you.  ;D
That is a tease, I know, but I really do wish you to get well fast.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

KK Chat -- 23 April 2017 by DesertRose
[April 23, 2017, 07:30:29 pm]

Re: Pretender's Gambit- Chapter Five by DerynifanK
[April 21, 2017, 03:37:27 pm]

Re: Pretender's Gambit- Chapter Five by Jerusha
[April 20, 2017, 06:45:51 pm]

Re: Pretender's Gambit- Chapter Five by revanne
[April 20, 2017, 01:45:11 pm]

Re: Pretender's Gambit- Chapter Five by Laurna
[April 20, 2017, 12:33:58 pm]

* Who's Online