• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 114
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Green Tower; Lewys ap Norfal

Started by katrinque, April 18, 2015, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiral

Quote from: revanne on April 18, 2015, 05:34:20 PMAs they say on children's TV over here - "Don't try this at home."
Don't even try it away from home, I'd say  ;)
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Drianax

I like that answer. Very, very intriguing.

Laurna

Remember one of KK's good friends was Anne McCaffrey. Playing with timing it is not out of the question. Though in the Deryni world it would not be called "timing it" or going in-between" . We know a Portal causes a displacement in Space.  So why not a displacement in time as well. 

We do not know much about the experiment. If you go to the Codex page 106, under the entry Green Tower, you will learn more than what was in KK's short story. It talks about Lewys making long studies of the five towers of Coroth castle: how each tower was built on large single slab of stone which had magical properties similar to the five protocols of Orin, set in the points of a pentagram. Lewys found at the very center of the courtyard, between the 5 towers, a long buried tomb of an ancient chieftain with his sword, armor, and retainers buried with him.
It says Lewy's was attempting to work the magic of the five towers, or maybe he was trying to gain information about the bones in the tomb. I believe he was transferred to the time of the burial of the ancient chieftain. That would take him back to before Byzantun had built Coroth. That would take him back to the Arsid. 
Maybe in his learning the original Deryni magic of the Arsid, he then tries to come back forward in time, but he only gets as far forward to the time of Orin. And as Bynw believes, he actually is Orin and he spends the rest of his life writing down the magics that he had learned from the time of the old Chieftain. Lewys is the one who writes the Protocols of Orin.
This is a combination of what Bynw and I believe.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

I havent decided if Lewys is Orin. Or maybe the buried Chieftain himself and the untranslatable runes were written by Lewys and the discoveries he made in the realm of Deryni Magic.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com