• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Mini-Deryni Adventures: The Royal Carriage

Started by Evie, June 23, 2016, 08:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

KK recently found an expandable Barbie carriage at the thrift store and sent it to me for the Mini-Deryni to use.  It can seat up to 6 dolls (theoretically) if the middle seats are flat or up to 12 (again, only theoretically) if the carriage is expanded and the center seats are raised.  KK said she'd love to see the Mini-Deryni's reactions to it in a web comic, so here's that story:

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

Duncan is thinking, "Put something on, miss; I'm celebate, not DEAD."

Jerusha

Wait a minute - who is the new royal baby?

Deryni are really very calm when unknown animals and time travelers drop in.  But when someone is willing to include the pygmy bantha in the deal, why not?  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL!  Well, in a world where stenrects exist, mysteriously appearing strangers and pygma banthas might not be such a big deal.  ;)

The baby is little Prince Brion, born after 1130, so that's why there's no mention of him in the Codex.  I figure Kelson and Araxie wouldn't have stopped making babies just because the Codex decided to stop recording history two years after their wedding.  ;D  Prince Brion got a mention (of sorts) at the end of Visionaries, as the baby Araxie was pregnant with at the time AEdwige's sentencing and execution took place.  (The reason Kelson was a bit green around the gills hearing from the midwife about the labor complications that AEdwige was going through in giving birth to her late husband's heir, because Araxie was also pregnant at that time and he didn't particularly need the powerful reminder of the dangers of childbirth!)

No, wait, sorry...it just occurred to me that Araxie was also expecting a baby at the end of The Killing Season (remember, Kelson panicked when Araxie got sick in the morning because he thought she'd caught the fever-flux, but it turned out she was just pregnant again), but that child would be toddler-age by this point,so maybe either that's Prince Brion and is at home with the nurse for some reason, or maybe Araxie and Kelson lost a child between Javan and this baby.  It happened all too frequently back in those days, even with the best medical care available.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!