• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Apparition--Comments/Discussion Thread

Started by Evie, March 24, 2016, 08:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I wrote a short story to test out the new Fanfics System (see link at top of page).  It is called The Apparition.  I think the story system doesn't allow comments to be added directly to the story, so I am creating this thread to go with it.  If you have trouble finding the story page, I think this is the direct link: http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?action=fanfics;sa=story;id=5.  We're testing out this new system to see how well it works.  In theory it should make posting multi-chapter stories and keeping all the chapters linked together in the right order much easier, since it works similarly to the story upload system at Fanfiction.net, just not as well developed.  But it has a few quirks, so I'll try to put together a tutorial on how to use it once I'm more familiar with how the system works.  I hope you enjoy the short story!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

I am on my lap top at work.  The link above sends me to a new page but says an error has occurred.
Drat  you got me excited about a short tale.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

Ok I can get to here http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?action=fanfics;sa=category;id=3

by clicking on the Fanfixs at the top next to My messages.
But I don't seem to be able to see the story it self.  only the opening summery.

Evie

At the top of the summary, click on the title, and that should open up the story, IIRC.  Let me know if that doesn't work.  We are still troubleshooting this system.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Wonderful story, Evie!

I got a little confused finding it, but one I got there I enjoyed it.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Thank you! I will create a tutorial on how to use the Fanfics System once I'm better acquainted with it.   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

I can't see the new Fanfics link at the top of the page either. (I tried logging off, and logging back on, didn't help.) When I tried the direct link just now, I got the same  "An error has occurred" message.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

OK, I'll check the permissions. It could be that the perms haven't been set correctly for Zipper Sisters. We had a similar situation earlier tonight where Donors didn't have the appropriate permissions to enter that area of the board.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Shiral, I think I fixed the problem you were having. Please check again and let me know if you still can't see the Fanfics link above the shoutbox.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Loved the story, Evie. Glad Catriona hasn't forgotten her soul friend. Am now envisaging a friendly discussion in heaven between Maryse and Catriona as to which one would come to save Sister Helena.

Thank you,  a tutorial would be appreciated. Trying to read a story was stressful enough let alone trying to post -but anything new takes time and thanks to Bywn for the mysterious magic he performs in upgrading the site.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Wonderful little aperitif for the new FS system.
Nice to see Catriona's angelical soul watching over certain good leaders of the Schola.

The FS system sounds good.  Just know that the best thing this forum offers over the fanfic.net site is that at Rheumth castle, we (the readers and writers) are friends and as such we all love to get into long discussions with the posting of new stories. That is the best part of sharing a story here. Therefore it is very important that the Discussion Thread be attached to every story.  Will that thread get out-of-hand (really long) for multiple chapter stories? I am thinking that probably isn't a problem, as you can go directly to the New posts in the discussion thread. Have to see how it works.

Is there a "Hide Spoilers" key on this form? where you can hide text behind (Spoilers...) which readers can choose to click  to read or to not read the full comment.

Bynw

I will check into seeing if there is a MOD for that. It will only be in the forums section not in the Fanfic writing of course.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Bynw

[spoiler]And yes there is a MOD for that ... now ... [/spoiler]
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

[spoiler] You mean, like this?[/spoiler]

That's cool! I knew there was a BBCode for hiding spoilers, but didn't know what it was, so thanks for the "Sp" icon!

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

[spoiler]Hehe  had to test the new Sp button.[/spoiler]

Thanks Bynw and Evie