• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Mini-Deryni Adventures: The Magical Reheading

Started by Evie, December 27, 2015, 10:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Yea, for the powerful magic of Evie's DH.
Duncan is getting blonder with each new head.   :D  Must have something to do with Alaric's healing touch.  ;)
Oh and that is a nice sweater dress that Helena is wearing.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

LOL! Yes, it must be due to all that Healing energy. Couldn't have anything to do with me not having had time to dye his hair yet. ;)  Helena's dress started off as a sock from Dollar Tree. I cut off the foot of the sock, then cut a slit about a half inch from either side of the remaining tube from the cut end to where armpit level would be if she was wearing it. The resulting side flaps form the sleeves once the cut sides are stitched together, and the central part of the tube is the body of the dress. Just cut the sleeves to the proper length and hem the cuffs and skirt. The resulting dress will fit a Barbie, although it helps to cover her fingers with plastic first so they'll slide through the seams without catching. Helena has the advantage of removable hands, so she's easier to dress, and fortunately the knit is stretchy enough to pull over her curvier body.

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Remember that joke about what Mrs. Bolynne said to her daughter?  "Annie, dear, don't go loosing your head over some man!"

Jerusha

Of course, this had to pop into my head:  "Just a minute, Bishop Duncan, while I slip off my hands so I can finish dressing."  A faint popping noise was head from behind Sister Helena's closed door.   ;D

Nice chronicle.  I wonder what Saint Duncan of the Regenerating Head will have for a feast day? 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

So, um, yeah.  I got a text message from my former workplace asking me if this was Duncan's missing head:

It was followed shortly thereafter by a text from another former colleague, one of the counselors at the center where I used to work:

She said, "Guess who needed a counseling session because he is feeling detached from reality?"  LOL!  Poor Duncan!  Glad his missing head finally turned up.   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

LOL, The tree topper?  ;D
Gave him a good view of the room.

It's no wonder Duncan is feeling detached from reality.  Poor, poor Duncan, he is going to need to turn to Kelson to ask how best to deal with the emotions of being missing and thought dead for a month, only to return after a harrowing adventure to find their loved ones had replaced them with someone else.
At least Duncan does not have to behead his replacement the way Kelson beheaded Connell.
Oh wait.  He does.  Oh dear.

PS. I am glad Duncan was found.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Laurna, loved your comments on poor Duncan's beheading/reheading/biheading.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)