collapse

Welcome to the Worlds of Katherine Kurtz

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle!

KK Chat is at 7pm Eastern on Sundays, except on the first Sunday of the month, when it is at 5pm Eastern to accommodate fans in the UK and Europe.

To register as a member of RhemuthCastle.com please send an email to: rhemuthcastle @ deryni dot net
One of the Admins will contact you for registration information

Come join us in chat! And Happy reading!

Pin yourself on the member map.

Author Topic: For me (neurological and psychiatric weirdness)  (Read 9226 times)

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Book: Deryni Magic
  • Favorite Character: Rhys Thuryn *sob*
Re: For me (neurological and psychiatric weirdness)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 11:09:07 pm »
I really hope your doctors can get a handle on what's going on with you soon.  You've been through a lot lately. :(

You could always read one of KK's more cheerful Deryni novels in which nothing bad happens.  Oh, waitaminnit.....  ;)

I love KK's work, don't get me wrong, but I think the closest to cheerful the Deryni novels get is KKB, and even it has its dark spots.  But at least it has a happy ending.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Offline revanne

• Donor
  • Earl/Countess
  • Favorite Book: King Javan's Year
  • Favorite Character: Father Joram MacRorie
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 01:28:59 am »
Really hope that your medication can be sorted out and you get on an even keel soon.

Please don't be too strict with yourself for typos -your bad typing is like my good typing -though I entirely get how that would be a problem workwise.

Seriously what I love about this forum is the grace and generosity with which people treat each other and a lot of that is down to the tone you set as one of the admins.

Sticking my neck out here but maybe we could think about a Christmas feast of cheerful Deryni snippets. Evie could write about Duncan,  Evie could write about Duncan, Evie could write about Duncan... Oops sorry did I repeat myself!

Lots of prayers and concern for you.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God...The Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us and we have seen His glory, full of Grace and truth."
Prologue to John's Gospel

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 05:04:07 am »
Really hope that your medication can be sorted out and you get on an even keel soon.

Please don't be too strict with yourself for typos -your bad typing is like my good typing -though I entirely get how that would be a problem workwise.

Seriously what I love about this forum is the grace and generosity with which people treat each other and a lot of that is down to the tone you set as one of the admins.

Sticking my neck out here but maybe we could think about a Christmas feast of cheerful Deryni snippets. Evie could write about Duncan,  Evie could write about Duncan, Evie could write about Duncan... Oops sorry did I repeat myself!

Lots of prayers and concern for you.

Thank you.

Between the mood instability and the physical coordination problems, it was just for the best that I resign at least for now.  It is truly frustrating because I learnt to type when I was nine years old.  My mother was an executive secretary until she retired; at the time I was about nine, she was working a position that required her to work some Saturdays, and if she didn't have someone to take care of me, she just took me into the office with her.  Since I was there, she put me to work filing and sorting mail and making copies, and she sat me down with an actual typewriter and a spiral-bound typing book and had me learn to type.  It's just annoying to start to lose a skill one developed thirty years ago and upon which one has depended for income.

*blushes*  I think a lot of the general civility of this particular little corner of the internet is also due to the fact that a lot of KK's fans are adults and are generally willing to conduct themselves as grown-ups, although we've had a number of younger fans (ambush comes right to mind, and he'd still be under 30 now if he were still with us, but Festil is also under 30), and I agree with Evie that it would be generally good to attempt to attract younger fans. 

"Be excellent to each other," as emblazoned across the top of the forum as being the short version of the forum conduct rules (even if it is a reference to a truly silly US film from the 1980s called "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"), is a good guideline in general but there are certainly parts of the internet wherein people are far from excellent to other people.

A Christmas feast of relatively short stories about happy moments from the Deryniverse sounds great fun!  Or even a Twelfth Night feast if people need a little more time to write.  :D

Thank you again.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Offline Evie

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
  • Sister Evie--Servant of Saint Camber
    • The Mini-Deryni Chronicles
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni or The King's Justice (can't decide)
  • Favorite Character: President of the Duncan McLain Fanbabe Society
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 10:37:07 am »
Really hope the docs can pinpoint what's going on with you right now and fix the problems, DR.

For some odd reason I get the feeling revanne wants me to write a Duncan story. I can't imagine why . . . . ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Offline revanne

• Donor
  • Earl/Countess
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 04:00:35 pm »
 ;D
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God...The Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us and we have seen His glory, full of Grace and truth."

Offline Aerlys

• Baron/Baroness
  • Ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem.
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 03:58:20 pm »
Prayers, DR!
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 04:00:10 pm »
Thank you, Aerlys!

Same for you, actually, if for no other reason than life must be a bit hectic with a house that full and a new baby.  :)

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 10:04:46 am »
Good news...

I saw the neurologist this morning.  The MRI showed I have a brain (YAY!) with no abnormalities (sometimes I wonder about that one, LOL).  He wants me to start on a medication used to prevent migraines that my psychiatric nurse practitioner was thinking of trying on me for mood stabilization, so I will pick up that medication as soon as the pharmacy phones to let me know it's ready.

So we shall see if this new medication helps with the headaches and maybe even with the mood problems.  I see my psych nurse practitioner tomorrow and I will let him know about the new medication as well, and we'll go from there.

Thank you all again for your prayers and good thoughts.  :)

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan & Rhys Thuryn-May they be Family.
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 11:07:08 am »
I have lived with migraines most of my life. It is one reason I work nights instead of days because half of my mornings I have a headache, and headaches make it impossible to do anything. So I completely understand. I do hope that the new medication is the answer and that you can clear the pain to enjoy the holidays.

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 11:10:24 am »
Thanks, Laurna, and I'm sorry you have to deal with migraines too.  They are made of suck!

Offline revanne

• Donor
  • Earl/Countess
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 12:59:30 pm »
That's good news. I hope the medication works out for you.

That's no fun Laurna.

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 03:26:38 pm »
Congratulations on having a good brain!  ;D

I hope the medication helps to settle everything out and that life returns to normal, or better, soon.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Offline Evie

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
  • Sister Evie--Servant of Saint Camber
    • The Mini-Deryni Chronicles
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni or The King's Justice (can't decide)
  • Favorite Character: President of the Duncan McLain Fanbabe Society
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 08:46:29 pm »
I'm very relieved to know you have a brain.  Given the company you keep here, that might have been in doubt....  ;)

Seriously, I hope the doctors get to the root of your migraines soon!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 06:40:47 pm »
Well, things have not settled down on the psychiatric front, so I will be absent from the internet for a few days while I am in hospital.

Evie will be keeping an eye on the forum, and Bynw is also around if often busy.

Catch y'all when I'm home again.

~DR

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 06:56:27 pm »
I will be thinking of you, DR.  Hope all is resolved quickly.

While Evie and Bywn will hold the fort down, we want you back.  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Re: Ghosts of the Past by Evie
[Today at 04:46:05 pm]

Re: Ghosts of the Past by revanne
[Today at 04:15:11 pm]

Re: Ghosts of the Past by Laurna
[Today at 03:12:51 pm]

Dec. 14, 2017 ebook sale--Camber trilogy by Evie
[Today at 12:49:28 pm]

Chat Trivia Bot by Bynw
[Today at 12:38:57 pm]

* Who's Online