• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Sir Se

Started by Historian, April 11, 2007, 09:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Historian

I'm wondering -- obviously Sir Se has tight connections that give him the information for him to be there when he is needed. Someone noted that the Anvillers may well have a lot of wealth that the Michaelines were able to get out. Maybe the reason he seems to come and go so easily is self-transport? Arilan does mention that some deryni could make a portal on their own. Also, Se could use a shape-shift spell or at least the Deryni equivalent of the Jedi mind-trick "You can't see me". I would really like to see the Michaelines re-instated in Gwynedd, or maybe at least an arm of the Anvillers. But the Michaeline blue habits. . . .

myra

Please set me straight if I'm way off base, but could Sir Se be the mysterious Camber figure that Kelson and Dugal saw at the end of The Quest for St. Camber?

He does seem to pop in and out a lot in Childe Morgan and he would be around the right age to be silver haired by the time Kelson was 18.

Does anyone know if Sir Se will be written about more in the next book? I'd like to learn more about him him and the Anvillers.

derynifanatic64

I believe that the Camber figure that Morgan and Duncan came across in the 1st Kelson trilogy was Stefan Coram.  Maybe the Camber figure that Kelson saw was probably Camber himself.  When Camber attempted the spell that Ariella failed to save herself, Camber partially succeeded.  Camber figured out where Ariella went wrong.  I believe that Camber's spirit is still viable and he is able to appear to people from time to time.  Maybe the truth will be revealed one day.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

BishopCullen

I believe that Camber's spirit is only visible to Haldanes.  His daughter Evaine only reinforced Camber's spell.  He is not able to physically appear to anyone, but psychicly only to Haldanes or maybe even MacRories.

derynifanatic64

I believe that KK hinted that Camber could have taken Ariella's spell far enough where he could have been able to physically travel between the spirit world and the real world whenever he wanted to.  Who knows?
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

mikegeo

Quote from: derynifanatic64 on May 19, 2007, 02:00:47 PM
I believe that KK hinted that Camber could have taken Ariella's spell far enough where he could have been able to physically travel between the spirit world and the real world whenever he wanted to.  Who knows?

I just reread The Harrowing of Gwynedd and Camber succeeded but only in a limited fashion.  Evaine discovered that Camber had only limited freedom to move between the worlds, her sacrifice freed him so he could do so at will.  In King Javen's Year and Quest for St Camber Joram and Kelson have conversations with Camber, at least on a spiritual level.  It hasn't been definitively shown that Camber can interact with the physical world.

Obiwan3

Well, didn't Camber appear to Duncan & Morgan, too? Although, he left no traces due to a lack of footprints. Sir Se as Camber, hmm....