• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Bella's descendants.

Started by Elkhound, October 08, 2015, 07:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

I just noticed in the Codex that Prince Aidian, the one who was smuggled out from the slaughter of the Haldanes, had a daughter, Princess Isabella, known as "Bella Draper", who married a merchant and had "issue unknown."  Have her descendants ever been traced?  Camber & Co. might have made some effort at the Restoration, if only to find if the Haldane Potential could be passed in the female line.

Evie

Quote from: Elkhound on October 08, 2015, 07:58:42 AM
I just noticed in the Codex that Prince Aidian, the one who was smuggled out from the slaughter of the Haldanes, had a daughter, Princess Isabella, known as "Bella Draper", who married a merchant and had "issue unknown."  Have her descendants ever been traced?  Camber & Co. might have made some effort at the Restoration, if only to find if the Haldane Potential could be passed in the female line.

Oh, now that's interesting! I had forgotten all about Isabella/"Bella" and her descendants, but it would be interesting to explore whatever happened to that branch of the Haldane line.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on October 08, 2015, 09:25:44 AM
Oh, now that's interesting! I had forgotten all about Isabella/"Bella" and her descendants, but it would be interesting to explore whatever happened to that branch of the Haldane line.

As her husband was a merchant, it is possible that they left Gwynedd altogether---perhaps her father told her husband the truth about his family and suggested it might be safer if they settled abroad.

Aerlys

I hear the gears whirring in the minds of many fanfic writers today.   :D
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

If she has descendants in the Kelson-era, would they even know about their (distant) royal connection?  She might have chosen not to tell her children about her background.  What if one of them found out somehow?  (Perhaps by having his/her Haldane potential activated by accident? [If that's even possible.])

tenworld

any tense situation ( a crisis or a focused ritual) should be enough to bring the potential, but the specific abilities are placed there during the initiation so a descendant of a Haldane might have some ability but not the full blown ones a Kelson would have.

Does make for an interesting thread.

lenni

I think that the surname of Bella's husband (Maelor ap Tewdwr) is interesting for two reasons - a) it reminds me of "Tudor" and b) it may indicate that he's from a more Welsh-ish/rural (?) area of Gwynedd than, say, the Haldanes.

Lenni

Elkhound

Quote from: lenni on October 17, 2015, 12:58:32 AM
I think that the surname of Bella's husband (Maelor ap Tewdwr) is interesting for two reasons - a) it reminds me of "Tudor" and b) it may indicate that he's from a more Welsh-ish/rural (?) area of Gwynedd than, say, the Haldanes.

Lenni

Or perhaps completely outside Gwynned; like Llannydd or the Connait.