• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Hello!

Started by Chordata, August 10, 2015, 04:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chordata

Another longtime fan of KK (since mid 1970s) and decided to quit lurking.  Love Evie's new fanfic Balance of Power and very much looking forward to the next chapter.  Also delighted to see in past Sunday's chat that many more Deryni novels coming to e book soon. Don't know that I can make it to chats but just wanted to officially say hi to all of you!

DesertRose

Welcome to the forum!  Enjoy!  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Hi Chordata. Glad you decided to join the conversation. We're a friendly lot. Just watch out for flying fish if you stand too close to Jemler.  :)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you are able to make at least some of the Sunday chats (if the normal time is a problem, on the first Sunday of most months we move it to two hours earlier so our UK members can participate without staying up insanely late, though the next early chat has been moved to August 30 because the first Sunday of September coincides with Dragoncon, which KK is going to be attending). But some of us are also in the chatroom at other times.  One of those times is around noon to one Central US time (whatever that is where you are), because several of us either have a lunch or evening meal break at that time, but sometimes people pop in for a few minutes at other times in hopes someone else will show up.  If you do, put a notice in the shoutbox (that message area at the top of the main page) to alert others who stop by that someone is in the chatroom, and that increases the likelihood of someone else turning up there at the same time.

I'm glad you enjoyed the beginning of Balance of Power. :D  There are another 29 chapters to follow.  (I ended up having to split an extra long chapter in half last night, so it's 30 chapters total now, not counting the prologue and epilogue.)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Welcome to the forum, Chordata!  Glad you have joined us.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Welcome to the forum and do drop into the chatroom. Like Evie says 12-1 central time is a good time to drop by - I think we once managed to have someone having breakfast, someone else lunch and me eating my tea  (I'm northern English and that's a meal as well as a beverage!).
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

HealingWaters

hi and welcome to the boards. :)