• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The King's Deryni errata

Started by DesertRose, June 28, 2015, 07:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

KK is working on editing the e-book edition of TKD and would like a list of any typos, factual errors, or other mistakes we have found in the text.  Put them in this thread, and I will email them to her.

ETA: Please give page number citations with your comments.  :)

Thank you!

~DR
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DesertRose

Okay, I have just sent KK an email with the errata we had already noted (to wit, the Arilan uncle/grandfather confusion as regards Seisyll on page 401 and the Cinhil as Brion's father thing on page 500).

If anyone has found any other typos or errors in The King's Deryni, please do post them here with page numbers (per KK's request) so I can forward them to her.

Thanks!

~DR
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DesertRose

KK just emailed me back, and the errors about Seisyll Arilan being Jamyl and Denis' uncle not grandfather and Cinhil being Brion's rather distant ancestor not his father are being corrected.

She asked me to thank everybody for their sharp eyes!

Please do let me know if there are any others so I can call them to KK's attention.

~DR

lenni

Hello, all!

I have found a typo/formatting problems in my Nook eBook.

In chapter 38, on p. 424 (of 562), it reads as follows:
"Or take Jiri, or Tiarn**n."
The mis-formatted text actually displays as squares and not as asterisks. I couldn't find squares to copy/paste, however.

It should, I think, read:
"Or take Jiri, or TiarnĂ¡n."
That is, the second "a" should have an acute accent over it.

Kathleen/Lenni

DesertRose

Thank you, Lenni.  I have forwarded the information on to KK.  :)

Evie

I'll try to remember to take a look at the Kindle version when I get home to see if that formatting error is in that version as well, since I vaguely seem to remember seeing something of that sort, and I don't have a Nook.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

OK, this glitch (Tiarnan with the coding error) doesn't seem to appear in my Kindle version. I think the passage referred to is on P. 415 in my Kindle version of the book, which is the only page where a search found the phrase "Or take Jiri, or Tiarnan," but the name looks perfectly fine in this version of the book.

(Now, given that I'm almost certain I've noticed this glitch before, and I don't own a Nook version, where have I seen it before? It didn't sneak into the printed text version, did it?)

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

I don't recall, and I don't own a copy yet (won't until the paperback is published), so I'm not sure, Evie.  :D

I have emailed KK about the glitch or formatting error or whatever it is, so I'm sure someone will take care of it for future editions.

Demercia

The print copy is good. I know this is a bit off topic but, are there any plans to make KK's books available electronically this side of the pond?
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Evie

I know she has mentioned plans to convert more of her titles to e-book format, but I don't know if she mentioned anything about international right for the electronic versions. That might be up to her UK publisher.  But we can certainly ask her next Sunday Chat.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

This is not exactly an error, but it occurred to me yesterday that we are now doing Official KK Chats two hours earlier on the first Sundays of every month, but when TKD went to press, we only had the 7 PM EST official chat time, so that is what was listed in the book.  So it might be helpful to non-US readers to change this in the paperback and later editions so they will know that there is a more Western-Europe-compatible chat time available too one week out of every month.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

That's a good idea - it was such a lovely gesture that it encouraged me to jump into the chatroom and really get to know you lovely people.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Liesel

I know this is a very old thread.  Is it still relevant?  Did the corrected version come out?

I ask because I noticed the following:
p. 527 Alaric says to Duncan that the queen has picked out a Connaiti prince for Silke.
p. 461 Silke says to Alaric that her mother is talking about marrying her off to some "horrible Llanneddi prince".