• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,568
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 01:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alternate History

Started by Elkhound, June 27, 2008, 01:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derynifanatic64

Don't forget that Charissa can't have children because she was abused by her husband when she was Queen of Torenth.  She would have to adopt someone to be her heir.  Gwynedd without Alaric and Kelson would be bad, of course, but life isn't always fair. 

It's like the Federation in Star Trek being an empire rather than a democratic entity.  In fact, there was a parallel universe where the Federation was an "United Empire of Planets".

Also, what if Daniel Draper had died before Rhys got to him and never got to tell that he was a Haldane.  Imre might not have been overthrown in 904 like he was in "Camber of Culdi".

As I said before, life isn't always fair.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Curlytop

This one occurred to me today.

Camber doesn't resign as Lord Chancellor or whatever [1] after the death of Blaine but continues to hold that office under Imre, trying unsuccessfully to restrain the young king's excesses. So it is Camber himself, not his son Cathan, who gets bumped off by Imre through the machinations of Coel Howell. CH then gets appointed LC as Cathan settles into quiet obscurity as the 8th Earl of Culdi, and the plot to put Cinhil on the throne fails for lack of support at Court.

[1] What exactly was the office which Camber held under Festil III and Blaine, which he handed to Cathan at the accession of Imre? I've browsed through CC but I can't find it specifically named.

derynifanatic64

The Codex says that Camber served on the Royal Council under Festil III and Blaine.

Elkhound

Quote from: derynifanatic64 on January 23, 2011, 12:00:00 PM
Don't forget that Charissa can't have children because she was abused by her husband when she was Queen of Torenth. 

Cite, please.

Evie

I'm not sure which of the original stories that came out in--perhaps "Legacy", though I don't think I've read that yet--but it's included in her bio entry in the Codex, so it's apparently at least semi-canonical.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

"Legacy" mentions that Charissa is going to be wed to Aldred soon.  His abuse during her pregnancy causes her to miscarry and makes her barren as well.  That's when she asks Wencit to help her kill Aldred.  She then abdicates, Wencit becomes king, and thus leads to "Deryni Rising".  Which I read from the Codex.

Marko

Javan is not killed by the Regents.