• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,566
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry for my absence

Started by cynicalmedic, May 29, 2015, 06:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cynicalmedic

I was in the hospital again for the same foot, but a different issue. I am now minus two toes, and I am carrying around my own personal hyperbaric device. It is attached to the wound to promote healing, and I now resemble one of Morgan's pack ponies when I leave the house. The surgery has forced one change in plan - the hobbit costume for Halloween is out. I now have to see if I can find enough fake fur to cover my six foot frame so I can be a three toed sloth.  ;D
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?
David Gilmour/Richard Wright/Nick Mason

Elkhound

Evie

So sorry to hear about the health issues!  If you can't find enough fake fur, you might try dipping yourself in glue solution and then rolling around in hair clipping...no, on second thought, never mind!  Dress as a Hobbit anyway, and come up with some adventurous backstory to explain the missing toes.  *singing* Cynicalmedic of the eight tooooooes, and the Toering of Doooooooommmmmm!"*/singing*
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

Yikes!

Take care of yourself.  *hugs* if welcome
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Goodness - sounds horrible. I hope that this is the last you see of hospitals for some time.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I am sorry to hear about your foot still giving your too much trouble. Please, Please get well!

As for being a six foot hobbit? I am not certain anyone will even look down at your feet, they will be too busy looking up.  Truly, the enormity of a hobbit in giant proportions will leave all other hobbits of your acquaintance wondering if you fell down Alice's rabbit hole instead of Smegle's cave.  ;D

Be well and carry on with your plans.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

Oh dear! What a terrible ordeal.

Evie beat me to the "CM of the Eight Toes" ballad. (My son lost a finger, so "DS of the Nine Fingers" is kinda a family favorite.)

Take care of yourself and be well. Next time I find a sloth pelt I'll send it your way.

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Jerusha

Glad you are back, CM, and I hope your foot heals quickly and is healthy from here on.

You could also go as a very tall Cousin It, maybe in a multi-coloured wig like Evie has.   ;D

And thanks for quoting my favourite Pink Floyd song!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

Welcome back, CM.  Sorry to hear about the health issues keeping you away, though! Hope things improve from now on.

A six foot hobbit?  Sheesh, if proportions rule, I hope I never meet a Balrog from that universe!  8)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!