• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:46:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I made a Deryni meme and wanted to share it.

Started by macsorcery, May 26, 2015, 12:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HealingWaters

Exactly what my friend said to me, at the end of the last show, but John is still a bastard and not able to inherit winterfell as his own he would have to go find Ricken.  Haven't read the books but she has.

Elkhound

Quote from: HealingWaters on June 18, 2015, 03:11:11 PM
Exactly what my friend said to me, at the end of the last show, but John is still a bastard and not able to inherit winterfell as his own he would have to go find Ricken.  Haven't read the books but she has.

Rickon is a minor, so he can be Lord Regent. 

Laurna

Ah, but there was much much more to Jon than inheriting Winterfell. Daenerys is Fire, Jon was Ice. The story is of Fire and Ice. And though Jon is a bastard he is not Ned Stark's bastard. Think about that for a moment and his importance becomes much clearer. I believe both of them are required to stop Winter from coming. Somehow  the writers of the Show forget why the story began in the first place. I think Martin certainly forgot.
Sorry, I am feeling a bit ornery today. :P
May your horses have wings and fly!

HealingWaters

I just came back from a two week vaca. in Ireland, where my friend and I took the GOT tour and our guide said pretty much the same thing, John could very well be Tigarien (sorry for the bad spelling),and that is why Ned kept him secrete from Robert knowing that he was suppose to marry his sister.  Just my thought on the matter.

Elkhound

Quote from: HealingWaters on June 18, 2015, 11:16:35 PM
I just came back from a two week vaca. in Ireland, where my friend and I took the GOT tour and our guide said pretty much the same thing, John could very well be Tigarien (sorry for the bad spelling),and that is why Ned kept him secrete from Robert knowing that he was suppose to marry his sister.  Just my thought on the matter.

I've heard that theory before, but look at Dany and her late brother; then look at Jon.  I can't believe he's a Targyrian; he has none of the Valerian traits they display.  He is very much of the Blood of the First Men.

Laurna

Quote from: Elkhound on June 19, 2015, 09:01:35 AM
Quote from: HealingWaters on June 18, 2015, 11:16:35 PM

I've heard that theory before, but look at Dany and her late brother; then look at Jon.  I can't believe he's a Targyrian; he has none of the Valerian traits they display.  He is very much of the Blood of the First Men.

Actually, I agree with you. If we go by looks, I will say he is Robert Barathian's son by Ned's sister. She was engaged to him before she was kidnapped by the Targyrian.  That way Jon could wed Dany and have children that are the best of all three families. But apparently it is a mute point as the actor said he is not coming back next year.  Maybe something will happen in the year after that. But I am not holding my breath.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

Quote from: Laurna on June 19, 2015, 03:13:36 PM

Actually, I agree with you. If we go by looks, I will say he is Robert Barathian's son by Ned's sister. She was engaged to him before she was kidnapped by the Targyrian.  That way Jon could wed Dany and have children that are the best of all three families. But apparently it is a mute point as the actor said he is not coming back next year.  Maybe something will happen in the year after that. But I am not holding my breath.

I don't think Dany can have children; I think it was said that giving birth to that deformed child who died damaged her.  The only "children" she could have are her dragons.

As for Jon, we know that Kit Harrington--btw, did you know that he's a descendant of Sir John Harrington, who invented the flush toilet?--isn't coming back next year; but he IS still under contract.  The same is true for the actors playing to two remaining Stark boys.

According to what I read, Jack Gleeson, who played Joeffery Baratheon (the boy everyone loved to hate)  has gone back to university to earn a graduate degree.  Probably the best thing for him---if he kept on acting, he'd get typecast.

Lord Kjeran

Did Katherine say one time in an interview it was like Camber was telling her what happened at times?
"The high praises of God are in their throat, and two-edged swords are in their hands to execute punishment on the nations and rebuke upon the peoples, and to bind their kings in chains and their nobles in links of iron."
John of Salisbury, The Statesman

DesertRose

She said something to that effect either in the intro to one of the stories in Deryni Archives (the published book of her stories, not the fanfiction zine) or somewhere in Deryni Magic.  She said something about feeling like Camber was standing over her approving or disapproving of the things she typed.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

drakensis

Hadn't heard that, although Robert E Howard did claim occasionally to have felt as if Conan was standing behind him holding an axe, motivating him to keep writing.

Elkhound

Quote from: drakensis on September 30, 2015, 02:35:54 PM
Hadn't heard that, although Robert E Howard did claim occasionally to have felt as if Conan was standing behind him holding an axe, motivating him to keep writing.

That would be motivation.