• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 205
Total: 205

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

His Highness has arrived!

Started by cynicalmedic, April 17, 2015, 06:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cynicalmedic

I have been lax, but wanted to let everyone know that Kelson Gerald Newell arrived on 4/14/15 at 6:30 pm California time. He weighed 10 lbs 2 oz, and was 22 inches long. Mother, father and son are doing well, and grandfather is delighted with grandchild number nine. The middle name is to honor my brother, who was delighted to accept godfather status.  ;D
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?
David Gilmour/Richard Wright/Nick Mason

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Wonderful news! Thank you for letting us know.  :)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Nothing like a hefty healthy baby boy to add the the family. Kudos to mama.  And big congratulations to the whole family.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

BTW, was I the only one who read this subject line and thought, "Wait, I thought the Duchess of Cambridge was supposed to have a girl, and isn't she a tad early?"  :D

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

I think we might have heard something about that this side of the pond. When Princess Kate went into labour with Prince George it was the main news story every hour. We were stuck in a traffic jam on a very hot day with my Dad in the back of the car. Dad is a redhot republican (think opposite end of the political spectrum from U.S. Republican) who muttered and moaned all the way through.

Ironically it was also the anniversary of my Mum's death and she was a great royalist so she would have been made up.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Aerlys

Quote from: cynicalmedic on April 17, 2015, 06:51:01 AM
He weighed 10 lbs 2 oz, and was 22 inches long.

Am I the only one to notice this? Holy moley! Double kudos to mom, especially if she did this all natural. And best wishes to all.

(I'm too much of a wimp. And the last time I birthed naturally it did not go well.)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

I noticed the size of the kiddo, but I guess it didn't register on me because a LOT of the babies in my family are large like that.  (We're as a rule a tall and sturdily-built lot, and that starts early for us.)  One of my cousins (who was delivered vaginally) weighed 10 pounds, 11 ounces at birth.  We joked with my aunt that he was big enough to drive her home from the hospital.  :)

That is one heck of a big kid, though.  I will grant that.  Kudos to Mom, no matter how she delivered the bub.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Congratulations!  Glad everyone is doing well.  Never mind those 3 month size outfits, though.😊
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Aerlys

A friend's babies have always been over 13 lbs, For me, that's a three-month-old. and she had them at home.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Laurna

The largest newborn I have had the pleasure of seeing at work was 14.4lbs. This little man was a chunky sumo wrestler with a good pair of lungs, and mama was a petite thing who had delivered naturally.  8 to 10 lbs seems perfect to me. More than that? Kudos to go mom!
May your horses have wings and fly!