• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:43:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

I just want to introduce myself

Started by myra, April 07, 2007, 08:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myra

I'm Myra. Old enough to be a grandmother, but alas, I'm not.  I first read the Deryni books years ago. (BC - before computers). Since then, I've raised a family, and now I have some free time on my hands. (Almost empty nest.)

I've managed to get my hands on most of Katherine Kurtz's books. I'm missing a few of the non-Deryni ones. I saw that Childe Morgan was out so I got that and it set me to wondering what I've forgotten over the years, so I went back and reread the Deryni Chronicles and the Histories of King Kelson and King Kelson's Bride again. (All in the past three weeks.) While I remembered the basic plot lines, there were a lot of things I had forgotten and it was like reading them for the first time.

What I'm wondering is; What topics are forbidden to discuss. Are we allowed to talk about plots and why characters did certain things, or is that considered spoilers? I don't want to say something that isn't acceptable.   :-\

I do have some questions and I'm hoping this will be the place to discuss them, because as much as I've tried over the years to get others to read the books, I haven't had much success.  :(

Thanks,

Myra

john

Dear Myra,

Welcome.  I first read KK's books in 1978/9.  At that point 5 of the Deryni books were published.  I am not the moderator of these boards, but I would think that anything in the individual topics would be appropriate.  This site is new ... many peoplel occasionally post to the Deryni newsgroup (it has been quiet lately).  Jump in you might get others to follow.

pax,

john mclaughlin

Bynw

Nothing is forbidden.  (KK's book wise that is)

Post whatever you like!
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com