• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Codex #3, Information to be added beyond Codex #2

Started by Laurna, December 28, 2014, 11:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

The idea of this thread is to collect information that is authentic to the Deryni series written by Katherine Kurtz but is not yet listed in Codex #2. We have been asked to gather together a new list which describes the people, places, and events found in the more recent published books. This information would help our author to organize a New Codex#3  for publication.

Desert Rose or Bynwn please feel free to edit this if you think of a better way...

I am thinking that the best way to organize the information would be as follows:

A)  If information is to be added to an already existing entry found in Codex #2, than go to http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,453.0.html   and give the title of the existing entry and what new information you believe would be beneficial to add.

B) If you find new information not yet listed in Codex#2, then please, add it to this thread. Please bold the first name of the person or the place so it may be alphabetized more easily at a latter date. Add information that you discover while reading, such as the character's description and a brief summery of who and why they are important. (It could be just a brief phrase or two, so that KK knows to add information there. If you wish to make a full summery, I will leave that to your discretion.) Please document the book and chapter where the info can be found.

C)  If entering information for the Time Line, please say Time Line and date and then a very brief of what happened then.

This should prove to be fun! So, as you reread and enjoy the stories, keep your codex open and have a good pencil and paper on hand, and take some notes, like you did in school.  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

I wonder if it might be a good idea to divide up the CM trilogy between us, rather than we all go through all three at the same time?  At least for a first pass, so we don't all find the same things numerous times?

Just a thought.  I would be willing to start on The King's Service, while others start on CM and tKD?  I t doesn't have to be a "don't touch my book" approach, just avoiding duplication of effort.

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

lenni

How is this going? Is it too late to volunteer?

Lenni

Laurna

Hello Lenni
It is never too late to volunteer.  Please add anything you find. Personally, I recently reread ITKS and CM. Mostly, I jotted down on my tablet every time a new name appeared, and maybe a description it it was offered. But I have not done anything with that list; it needs reviewing and comparing to the codex, which I have not yet done. So if you have a list started, please step up and throw some info into this thread.
May your horses have wings and fly!