• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 99
Total: 100
Laurna
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The King's Deryni

Started by Laurna, December 02, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Welcome to the newer version of the Forum, Alice!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Yes, Alice, I did re-read ItKS and CM before I read KD.  I found it did help, as there were several scenes from CM that had faded in my memory over time. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Welcome to the forum Alice. I never had a chance to see the old forum's, but I have heard many people had been apart of that.  Glad to see those people coming here.  I did not reread ITKS but I do plan on rereading them now and catching some of the people I may have missed in TKD. I hope you enjoy it either way.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Hip hip huzzah!

The copy I reserved at the library has arrived and is being held for me for the next seven days.  I will go pick it up tomorrow if they're open, and Friday if not tomorrow.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Yayay! I hope you can get it tomorrow. What could be better than spending the new years with a good book. Enjoy!

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Woo hoo, DR!  Looking forward to your impressions and comments.  If you can put it down long enough, that is.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

I picked it up from the library today.  I probably won't get a chance to start reading until tomorrow because I have to work today and then I'm probably going out for New Year's Eve, but I am looking forward to cracking it open!  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Elfwitch

This is my first post. I have been a Deryni fan since I read the first book way back in the late 1970s. It is my favorite series of books. It is what inspired my love for the fantasy genre.

I got the hardback on my birthday which was a nice present. But as much as I wanted to start it I had to finish some books from the library. I am a cursedly slow reader because I have dyslexia.

I am about halfway through it and I am loving it. To those who find Morgan precocious I see why compared to children of modern times  he is. But from my reading of life in the middle ages children grew up a lot faster than now and had less of a childhood. And there have always been gifted children Mozart was around five or six when he started. So I don't find it jarring or unrealistic.   

My favorite character from Kelson time has always been Derry. I found him brave and even though bad things happened to him he didn't let it turn him dark or become bitter towards the Deryni. In Camber time I have two favorites Joram and Javan. I was a basket case over what happened to Javan.  :'(

I look forward to meeting other fans who love this series as much as I do.

Laurna

Welcome to rhemuthcastle Elfwitch. So many of us here fell in love with the Deryni way back when it all started, and it is amazing how we have all fallen head over heals into the series once more.
You and I have more than one thing in common, besides our love of Deryni. I am horribly dyslexic. A problem that haunted me for a life time. But these fine people on this site have helped me get beyond some of the insecurities that go with it. Although Chat can go too fast at times, it at least challenges me to keep up. So don't be afraid to join us in chat on Sundays.
So please, continue to enjoy TKD. There is a lot of good stuff in there. I know other people here are in the middle of reading it too. Therefore, we have been holding off really talking about it for a little while longer. Although, small spoilers do seem to slip out once in a while. ;D

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Welcome, Elfwitch! If you love Deryni books, you're in the right place. =o) And you obviously love them enough to persevere and keep on reading, so keep up the good work,

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

Welcome Elfwitch. You love my favourite characters. One day I'll finish my Joram fanfic but writing is painfully slow. Folk on here are really friendly - I discovered the site nearly two years ago and am so glad I did
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Welcome aboard, Elfwitch!  Glad you have joined us.

-- Old English Litany