• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:59:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149
Google (3)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy birthday, Laurna!

Started by DesertRose, November 17, 2014, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demercia

Happy Birthday Laurna.   May you have a day full of happiness and puppies:-)
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Shiral

Happy Birthday, Laurna! =o)  birthday cake and puppy wags and kisses, to you! (But not puppy kisses on the birthday cake,please.)
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Jerusha

It's that time again, Laruna -  Happy Birthday!  Hope you have a wonderful, marvelous day!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Happy birthday, Laurna!  I hope you have a fantastic, lovely day!  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Thank you, so much lady's. I made it to 55,  amazing that!  I have craving for some thing lemon.  So I am going to the bakery to see what I can find.  ;D ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on November 17, 2016, 02:05:52 PM
Thank you, so much lady's. I made it to 55,  amazing that!  I have craving for some thing lemon.  So I am going to the bakery to see what I can find.  ;D ;D

*ships Laurna some lemon-filled Krispy Kreme doughnuts*
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Quote from: DesertRose on November 17, 2016, 02:37:38 PM
Quote from: Laurna on November 17, 2016, 02:05:52 PM

*ships Laurna some lemon-filled Krispy Kreme doughnuts*

**** Laurna takes one and then passes the rest through the portal system to all the other lovely residence of Rhemuth Castle.******

revanne

I would have sent you some scrumptious lemon drizzle cake made by one of our bible-study members last night (a man, may it be noted!) but unfortunately I'd just eaten the last piece before I read your birthday wish for something lemon.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on November 17, 2016, 03:15:22 PM
I would have sent you some scrumptious lemon drizzle cake made by one of our bible-study members last night (a man, may it be noted!) but unfortunately I'd just eaten the last piece before I read your birthday wish for something lemon.

Oh, that sounds yummy!
I have had a few virtual lemon food so far, but nothing yet from the real world. So the craving goes on! May be this weekend I can make some lemon bars.  ;D

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on November 17, 2016, 03:15:22 PM

I've known a number of men who were excellent cooks/bakers.

The church I attended in my growing-up years had a large Filipino population and as such, we got some Filipino food as frequent stars at church potluck dinners, one of which was lumpia (basically Filipino egg rolls--look them up if you don't know the yumminess that they are!), and the person in the church who made the best lumpia (at least in my opinion) was a man somewhat younger than my parents.  His wife said she let him do most of the cooking and she did the dishes.  :D

Laurna

That sounds like a doable arrangement. My older brother was a fantastic cook. And everything he made was yummy. Now my dad and younger brother could not boil water without burning the pan. Proving it is a learned trait and not genetics. ;D

DesertRose

It's Laurna's birthday again!

Happy birthday!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

(Just pretend that the name "Eliana" at the base of the cake reads "Laurna.")  Enjoy!

Jerusha

Happy birthday, Laurna!  I believe His Grace of Corwyn has his kitchen staff very busy preparing for the feast to celebrate your day!

(And nice cake, DR!)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Quote from: Jerusha on November 17, 2017, 06:03:22 AM
Happy birthday, Laurna!  I believe His Grace of Corwyn has his kitchen staff very busy preparing for the feast to celebrate your day!

(And nice cake, DR!)

Thank you!  I know Laurna likes to sew and likes pretty dresses, although I couldn't really find a Victorian/Victorian-inspired dress-cake I liked, so I did the best I could.  ;)

(Although there was this one gorgeous dress [an actual formal gown, not a cake that looks like one] that was Haldane crimson with gold embroidery . . .)