• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

Today at 10:39:40 AM
We are moving closer to the time when the casting call will be opened for players in the upcoming game "Forgotten Shadows" the sequel to "Ghosts of the Past" ... any one thinking about joining?
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,556
  • Total Topics: 2,731
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 11:06:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy birthday, Laurna!

Started by DesertRose, November 17, 2014, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demercia

Happy Birthday Laurna.   May you have a day full of happiness and puppies:-)
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Shiral

Happy Birthday, Laurna! =o)  birthday cake and puppy wags and kisses, to you! (But not puppy kisses on the birthday cake,please.)
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Jerusha

It's that time again, Laruna -  Happy Birthday!  Hope you have a wonderful, marvelous day!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Happy birthday, Laurna!  I hope you have a fantastic, lovely day!  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Thank you, so much lady's. I made it to 55,  amazing that!  I have craving for some thing lemon.  So I am going to the bakery to see what I can find.  ;D ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on November 17, 2016, 02:05:52 PM
Thank you, so much lady's. I made it to 55,  amazing that!  I have craving for some thing lemon.  So I am going to the bakery to see what I can find.  ;D ;D

*ships Laurna some lemon-filled Krispy Kreme doughnuts*
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Quote from: DesertRose on November 17, 2016, 02:37:38 PM
Quote from: Laurna on November 17, 2016, 02:05:52 PM

*ships Laurna some lemon-filled Krispy Kreme doughnuts*

**** Laurna takes one and then passes the rest through the portal system to all the other lovely residence of Rhemuth Castle.******

revanne

I would have sent you some scrumptious lemon drizzle cake made by one of our bible-study members last night (a man, may it be noted!) but unfortunately I'd just eaten the last piece before I read your birthday wish for something lemon.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on November 17, 2016, 03:15:22 PM
I would have sent you some scrumptious lemon drizzle cake made by one of our bible-study members last night (a man, may it be noted!) but unfortunately I'd just eaten the last piece before I read your birthday wish for something lemon.

Oh, that sounds yummy!
I have had a few virtual lemon food so far, but nothing yet from the real world. So the craving goes on! May be this weekend I can make some lemon bars.  ;D

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on November 17, 2016, 03:15:22 PM

I've known a number of men who were excellent cooks/bakers.

The church I attended in my growing-up years had a large Filipino population and as such, we got some Filipino food as frequent stars at church potluck dinners, one of which was lumpia (basically Filipino egg rolls--look them up if you don't know the yumminess that they are!), and the person in the church who made the best lumpia (at least in my opinion) was a man somewhat younger than my parents.  His wife said she let him do most of the cooking and she did the dishes.  :D

Laurna

That sounds like a doable arrangement. My older brother was a fantastic cook. And everything he made was yummy. Now my dad and younger brother could not boil water without burning the pan. Proving it is a learned trait and not genetics. ;D

DesertRose

It's Laurna's birthday again!

Happy birthday!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

(Just pretend that the name "Eliana" at the base of the cake reads "Laurna.")  Enjoy!

Jerusha

Happy birthday, Laurna!  I believe His Grace of Corwyn has his kitchen staff very busy preparing for the feast to celebrate your day!

(And nice cake, DR!)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Quote from: Jerusha on November 17, 2017, 06:03:22 AM
Happy birthday, Laurna!  I believe His Grace of Corwyn has his kitchen staff very busy preparing for the feast to celebrate your day!

(And nice cake, DR!)

Thank you!  I know Laurna likes to sew and likes pretty dresses, although I couldn't really find a Victorian/Victorian-inspired dress-cake I liked, so I did the best I could.  ;)

(Although there was this one gorgeous dress [an actual formal gown, not a cake that looks like one] that was Haldane crimson with gold embroidery . . .)