• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:48:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 104
Total: 104
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Mini-Deryni photo art

Started by Evie, April 13, 2014, 05:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

And two more photos taken tonight, now that I've added the hood to the capelet. I think the turned down edges of the hood sides may have been what eventually evolved into what is now the clerical collar. Either that or the amice may have turned into the stiff collar shape we associate with clergy nowadays. But that's speculative; I don't know enough about the history of religious garments to know for sure.

20150210_202130_LLS by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Front view

20150210_202213_LLS by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Rear view

I keep forgetting to take a photo with the capelet off so you can see the whole cincture. 

We had a projects night at our SCA meeting, so I inherited some lovely lightweight wool fabric scraps in a light tan color that I think will make great winter wear for one or more of my littles, as well as some really pretty patterned velour that could make great "velvet" Court garb for one or several littles.  Also found a "fat quarter" of quilting fabric that is a geometric white-on-white pattern that I think would work nicely for a fancy undershirt or chemise, or perhaps for some sleeve or cloak lining fabric.  Now I just need more time to sew.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Very nice, Evie.  I'll trade you more time if you'll trade me some of your patience to do such fine work!   ;)

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

I'm only patient with it because it takes so little time to finish a 1:6 garment compared to a full sized one.  That's why my littles have far more medieval garb than I do.  *sigh!*   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Very nice, as always, Evie. The gold fringe is a nice touch, and most fitting for our favorite bishop.

Just a note. The green stole, while lovely, would not be worn all the time, but only for occasions such as the celebration of Mass, the administraion of sacraments, or when the Blessed Sacrament is touched. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14301a.htm
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Aerlys

Quote from: Evie on February 10, 2015, 03:04:23 PM
That non-canonical light is working and providing accent lighting for the scene.  It is a book light that I found at Dollar Tree.

Works better than that non-canonical "leg lamp" a la Christmas Story that you had for the littles!
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: Aerlys on February 17, 2015, 01:22:07 PM
Very nice, as always, Evie. The gold fringe is a nice touch, and most fitting for our favorite bishop.

Just a note. The green stole, while lovely, would not be worn all the time, but only for occasions such as the celebration of Mass, the administraion of sacraments, or when the Blessed Sacrament is touched. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14301a.htm

OK, good to know!  My High MethoBaptist upbringing didn't adequately prepare me for outfitting Church of Gwynedd bishops. :D

Quote from: Aerlys on February 17, 2015, 01:26:36 PM
Quote from: Evie on February 10, 2015, 03:04:23 PM
That non-canonical light is working and providing accent lighting for the scene.  It is a book light that I found at Dollar Tree.

Works better than that non-canonical "leg lamp" a la Christmas Story that you had for the littlest!

LOL!  Yes, I'm sure the new lamp is less disconcerting to my miniature episcopate!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

QuoteQuote from: Aerlys on February 17, 2015, 01:26:36 pm
Works better than that non-canonical "leg lamp"

Quote from Evie
LOL!  Yes, I'm sure the new lamp is less disconcerting to my miniature episcopate!   ;D

LOL!  Remembering the leg lamp has me smiling.
May your horses have wings and fly!