• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 71
Total: 71

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

A Mini-Deryni Tale: The Fair Folk

Started by Evie, November 06, 2014, 02:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

OK, so I figured the Mini-Deryni needed their very own action figure.  Not to mention that my office needs a resident fairy.  And I wanted to test-drive Comic Life software to see if I like it before spending money on the software.  So this happened:

This was the Fantasy template, which automatically runs the photos through a filter, but now that I've figured out how to work with the software, I'll see if I can come up with some pages from scratch and showcase my photographs in their full, non-filtered glory.  Or at least less filtered, so not as many details end up getting lost.  I like the "comic book art" effect to a point, but I hate losing some of the cool details that show up better in the original photographs.

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

That is pretty cool effects. Though I am glad that wasn't the real Luke, I was thinking the image was distorting your handsome kitty too much. From your last picture I can see that is not Luke at all. Helena's fairy must be tiny. Fun.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

That's Wilbur.  He's my office cat.  Luke would get into too much mischief at the office.   ;D  And yes, the fairy is only 3" tall, or perhaps just a smidge taller than that.

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Nice story, but I definitely prefer less filtering.  You put so much nice detail in the littles, it's a shame to lose any of it.

I also thought that was Luke at first, but I couldn't imagine him tolerating a fairy on his ear long enough to get a picture!   ;D

Just think of the mischief a fairy could get into in Rhemuth.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Today is payday, so I might end up springing for the software after all.  I want to play around with it a bit more first (I still have a few days left of the trial period) to see if I can come up with comic book pages that have the same look, but without using one of the pre-programmed templates.  That would give me more creative freedom to include things like non-filtered photos, different styles of layout than are found in the templates, etc.  I've already figured out how to do some of those things, but not how to build a page completely from scratch yet.

Luke is a pretty patient cat, but he would never sit still for a fairy on his ear.  On his back, maybe, depending on his mood.  But on his ear?  Never!   ;D

I can't even imagine what mischief a fairy would get into in Rhemuth.  Grub probably could, though.  Maybe I should introduce the two.  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Quotehttp://rhymeswithorange.com/2008/09/25/take-your-cat-to-work-day/
Elkhound that is too funny. Even my dogs do that if they think I am not paying them enough attention.  ;D

I can't even imagine what mischief a fairy would get into in Rhemuth.  Grub probably could, though.  Maybe I should introduce the two.  ;)

Oh my! You have to do that story!

Grub sees a light in the dark corridors of Rhemuth Castle. She chases it as it flies around a corner.  She corners it in a hallway. In the midst of the light shines a tiny woman with wings, who has, in all mischievousness, reveled herself to Grub....  With a shrill giggle from both, the chase is on again. Around another bend and through an open door they run head long into..... ! ( someone fill this in!)

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on November 07, 2014, 07:03:30 PM
Bishop Arilan  ;D

What would the Camberian council make of it all.

Arilan to council: "not such much half-breeds as centibreeds"
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

QuoteBishop Arilan  ;D

What would the Camberian council make of it all.

Arilan to council: "not such much half-breeds as centibreeds"

ROFL

A little awed, Bishop Arilan puts forth his hand for the wee blue illuminated centibreed to land. The sprit touched down only momentarily giving the Bishop the joyest of feelings in that moment of rapport. And then the centibreed was off again, flitterring in a circle around the Bishop's head, dancing around Grub, and then back out the door. Grand uncle and niece alike stare at each other in laughter, and then both are rushing down the corridor in merry chase.