• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 86
Total: 87

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Best Judgment- 2nd installment

Started by Elec P. Carpenter, November 02, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

QuoteAnd don't ask how long it took to write THAT! You don't want to know... ;)
I'm guessing 15 really solid, focused minutes. Yes! ;D
Aerlys, I read that at lunch in the work break-room laughing out loud, and got a few curious glances my way. I think you are missing your calling. You should be writing weekly family antidotes, or children's epic tales  Mini-Mister, the Conqueror of Leisure Time.

Elec, If you can do that in 47 minutes perhaps you could be a contender for the November NanoWriMo. I have heard that some people can actually succeed with this challenge. I can not even imagine writing so fast.  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elec P. Carpenter

I had time this morning to peck away at it. There is a bit more to read. I'll just keep working at it and if you care to check in from time to time there may be a bit more to read.
"The fact that when you drink you can hold your liquor is no excuse for drinking all the liquor you can hold."

A Dad's advice to his Son.

Elec P. Carpenter

Quote from: Laurna on November 04, 2014, 03:02:57 AM
QuoteAnd don't ask how long it took to write THAT! You don't want to know... ;)
I'm guessing 15 really solid, focused minutes. Yes! ;D
Aerlys, I read that at lunch in the work break-room laughing out loud, and got a few curious glances my way. I think you are missing your calling. You should be writing weekly family antidotes, or children's epic tales  Mini-Mister, the Conqueror of Leisure Time.

Elec, If you can do that in 47 minutes perhaps you could be a contender for the November NanoWriMo. I have heard that some people can actually succeed with this challenge. I can not even imagine writing so fast.  ;D

It only works for me because I have story lines worked out in my head and I don't have time to write that matches my desired output. I can type passably well, and it sometimes flows right out. It really flows when I'm writing about the Deryni. I wish my own material went to paper as smoothly.
"The fact that when you drink you can hold your liquor is no excuse for drinking all the liquor you can hold."

Evie

@Elec: 
* Evie dies laughing at Albin's "message" in the updated story!

Please continue.  Only, if you're going to just update your Google Doc as you go rather than posting chapters here, please post a notice letting us know when there is more available to read, or at least at the end of each new chapter).  Otherwise, many of us tend to be quite "out of sight, out of mind."  Or at least I definitely am.  I would hate to miss Albin's continuing adventures due to forgetting to check the link regularly.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

Quote from: Elec P. Carpenter on November 04, 2014, 10:30:24 AM

It only works for me because I have story lines worked out in my head and I don't have time to write that matches my desired output. I can type passably well, and it sometimes flows right out. It really flows when I'm writing about the Deryni. I wish my own material went to paper as smoothly.

Oh, I have plenty of storylines in my head. I just can't seem to get them out of my cranium and onto paper. Forget Dragon Voice Recognition software. I've decided that I need Deryni Brain Recognition software. Much faster.

That little glimpse into my writing challenges was practically a dictation! I did leave out the part where Mini Mister put a throw pillow on my head and said, "Here's your wart, Mommy."  :o

I've thought about doing children's fiction, but haven't taken the leap, yet. At least I have a test audience handy. :)

Glad I could give y'all all a chuckle. I'll grab a bottle of Fianna red and be right over, Jerusha. :D
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Yew ain't from around here, are ya, Aerlys? It's "all y'all." ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Nah. Closest I ever got was the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia (and they definitely have their own way of speaking), and I didn't stay long!

I'm actually a "you guys" kind of gal, but was feeling a bit punchy last night.  :)

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

revanne

Round here it would be  "yous all" :)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Elec P. Carpenter

Been pecking at it this afternoon in between calls from work. There's a bit to read.

Jerusha

Nice addition, Elec.  That's a little lesson Albin will remember, I'm sure.  Looking forward to more.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Bit off a little more than he really wanted to chew, did he?  Heh.  Love Kelson's reaction to the situation!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Hope someone is going to rescue the poor lad before too long though
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

QuoteAlbin looked sick.
Poor Albin, that is almost cruel of Kelson.  :D Unfortunately, Albin earned it. He will learn. That is, I do hope he will live long enough to learn.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

It was the Kelsonus Rex that got me - Albin's really in trouble when Kelson goes all Latin and pulls rank. Ok - it's a taste of his own medicine but Byzantium is a cruel place to be taught a lesson
(Psalm 46 v1)

LeDuc

I read the three installments, with a sense of humor. Albin surely knows how to make his presence felt. Part of me is laughing about the agreement of the Grand Master AND King Kelson to 'clean up the vermin'. It's hard enough to be a member of a jury, but to be a judge. EWWWW!!!! that takes a certain insight of maintaining impartiality without becoming to strict or cruel. I wait more from you. Writing isn't easy, and doing it right is a challenge.