• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:18:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 130
Total: 131
Shiral
Google (AdSense) (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Greetings from Nava Wazr i

Started by NavaWazr, October 28, 2014, 10:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NavaWazr

Greetings everyone,

I came across The Chronicle of the Deryni in the mid-1970s. I followed Alaric and Kelson and Duncan in their search for knowledge. I realized that I wanted to be Deryni. As Richenda came into the picture, I wanted to be a sister, I would have loved to be another niece of Uncle Azim, living in the Forcinn. I wanted to go to Grecotha and study.  I liked the stories because they were real, and there were (and continue to be) many parallels I could (and still can) draw about the benefits of kindness and study and the pain of intolerance. As I grew older, I wanted to live near the Fianna wines.  <inkblot on> Living in Gwynedd was just too risky and too painful. I learned to have a full box of tissues nearby when reading the newer books </inkblot>

But I'm a never wazzer, hence my name.

IRL I have been happily married for many years, have one cat who rules the house, live in the large city, work long days, read and crochet/knit/dawdle in my spare time.

I appreciate KK's creation of the Deryni universe, am thrilled that she allows us to play here, am far beyond thrilled that I actually got to chat with her here. I love the fanfic stories that have been written here, and am grateful that you write and share.

Nava
I realized that I wanted to be Deryni, would have loved to be another niece of Uncle Azim, perhaps living on a Fianna vineyard.... but I'm a never wazzer

Jerusha

Greetings Nava, and glad you have joined us!  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Greetings too - great to have you on board :)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Yes, welcome!  I'm glad you decided to be a Nava Wazr and not a Nava Wazeer, because if you never was here (or at chat), we'd not get to meet you....

* Evie grins and runs from the Pun Police
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Hello Nava,
So glad to have you join us.
Do I sense that you may have a British accent?
Join us in chat on Sundays too.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

I think that's a Fianna accent with a hint of the Forcinn.  Or maybe that odd drawl is just due to all that Fianna wine....   ;)

Nava has made it to chat in the past week or...um...two, I think?  We're always glad to see new folk join us!

--WARNING!!!--

NavaWazr

Evie must have known my Great Aunt Petteet who got me (Nava Wazr) mixed up with the fifth removal of my fourth cousin Sumtim Izeer.  I think I was around ten and Sumpty was maybe twelve when Sumpty discovered a hidden portal under the head table in the new dining hall. Sumpty kept disappearing during dinner, especially when any work needed to be done like carrying away the heavy bowls filled with gnawed bones. Great Aunt Peteet, angry because her bone bowl was so full she couldn't see above it or around it, shouted very loudly, "Sumtim Izeer! You are a disgrace because you...
I realized that I wanted to be Deryni, would have loved to be another niece of Uncle Azim, perhaps living on a Fianna vineyard.... but I'm a never wazzer

Evie

--WARNING!!!--