• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 337
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 04:03:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Liturgically coloured hair

Started by revanne, July 06, 2014, 10:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

For those who don't do liturgical colours, you need to know that the current colour is green.

OK then, our church summer fair was yesterday, with a disney theme and I foolishly agreed to dress up as Snow White. Deciding that a wig would be too hot ( and amazingly it was a warm day) I agreed to dye my hair black. Only it managed to react with my existing hair colour and have a lovely green sheen. More Maleficient than Snow White.

It's supposed to wash out after 3 washes but 4 and counting and there's still a definiite green tinge - not to mention my toe nails from the shower, the shower cubicle, my dressing gown, a couple of towels...
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh dear   :o
Sounds like you will either need to set a new trend or ware a lot of hats for the next week. The British like waring hats don't they?
I hope it comes out, if it doesn't, I foresee a tip to the professional hair dresser in your future.  :D

"It's not Easy being Green," sings the frog prince.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

;D

Luckily I've been in my Parish for eleven years so folk know me quite well - but yes I think a trip to the hairdresseers may be a necessity. I don't dare try to recolour it incase even worse befalls ::)

Unfortunately I've got too much hair for a hat - wondering if Helena would lend me her veil, ( she asks innocently of Evie :)
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

ROFL!  I just now saw this.  ;D   Helena would be glad to lend you a veil, but her biggest veil isn't much bigger than a doily, and her wimple might help keep your nose warm but wouldn't cover much else.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

You may just have to have it bobbed and let it grow out.

Evie

Pictures of your liturgical hair, revanne, or it didn't happen!   ;D

Something similar happened to someone I knew in high school.  She'd bleached her hair to give herself light blonde highlights one Saturday morning, then went swimming later that afternoon, and the chlorine in the pool water reacted with her newly-bleached hair and turned it olive green...and this was several years before non-natural hair colors became trendy, even among teens, so you can imagine the teasing!   :D  She ended up having to get it professionally colored the following weekend to get the green tinge out.

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on July 07, 2014, 09:21:06 AM
Pictures of your liturgical hair, revanne, or it didn't happen!   ;D

Something similar happened to someone I knew in high school.  She'd bleached her hair to give herself light blonde highlights one Saturday morning, then went swimming later that afternoon, and the chlorine in the pool water reacted with her newly-bleached hair and turned it olive green...and this was several years before non-natural hair colors became trendy, even among teens, so you can imagine the teasing!   :D  She ended up having to get it professionally colored the following weekend to get the green tinge out.

My father said that happened to a boy at 4-H camp; I don't know if it was when he was a camper himself or when he went back and worked as a counselor.

Laurna

QuoteYou may just have to have it bobbed and let it grow out.

OH NO! NO! NO!
A bad color is absolutely no reason to cut your hair. I have survived bad coloring and bad perms. but never cut your hair.
My hair is to my waist if it got cut it would never get that long again in my life time.
Believe me a professional hair colorist can cure any bad coloring you did on your own.

A friend of mine turned frog green two days before her wedding. She mixed two blonds together. it was awful.  The stylist fixed it and she had a beautiful wedding.

revanne

Don't worry Laurna - no way am I going to cut my hair. I have been growing it for five years and its just reaching my shoulder blades so I am Not going to start again. I look at all the little girls in our local school, most of whom  have hair nearly to their waists and go green with envy. Green, did I say green!!

Evie, I will try a selfie - ;)
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on July 07, 2014, 11:44:39 AM

Evie, I will try a selfie - ;)

You go, girl, rock that green hair!   ;)  (Says the woman wearing the rainbow-colored wig in her avatar photo.... LOL!  I assure you my real hair color is much more sedate.)

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Quote;)  (Says the woman wearing the rainbow-colored wig in her avatar photo.... LOL!

Since you mentioned it. Was there a story behind the rainbow or were you just having a really Good Time. ;D

I have a blue wig to match my World of Warcraft Troll Avatar but I only wore that only once. (Needless to say Blue is not my color.)

Evie

That photo was taken at DragonCon two years ago.  I also have a long black wig with royal blue highlights that I wore at last year's DragonCon.  The rainbow wig is actually my daughter's, and she has a cotton candy pink wig in her collection as well.  Possibly also some other colors that I'm forgetting.  We quite enjoy dressing up for science fiction/fantasy conventions.

--WARNING!!!--