• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,566
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:46:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Job interview today

Started by DesertRose, June 18, 2014, 11:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

So, in October 2013, I finished a training program for medical transcription.  This morning, I got an email from a company who wants to interview me TODAY to start ASAP.

I haven't had a job interview in quite a while, as I've been disabled for several years and before I became disabled, I mostly did temp work, so once I had interviewed with the temp agency, I just went to work when they called me and told me where and when.  I'm excited and a little nervous, which is probably really a good combination.

Wish me luck!  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Elkhound

Jerusha

Best of luck, DR!  I know you will do well.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Thank you all so much.  It is looking very like I got the job, contingent upon the background check.

I am hereby officially stoked!  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Lets hope all the background stuff gets done quickly. Good news
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Elkhound

Let's hope that this isn't one of those jobs that pays too much to let you stay on disability but not enough to live on.

DesertRose

Truly, Elkhound.  :)  I don't think that'll be a huge issue, though.  It's part-time work, so it should basically be enough to supplement my disability income.

Aerlys

Great news, DR! Will say a prayer all goes well.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!