• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Just to tell you I'm still here

Started by BalanceTheEnergies, May 28, 2014, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalanceTheEnergies

Hello all,

I'm sorry you haven't heard anything from me in some time.  :-[ Sad to say, my 11 y. o. computer died in February, and I can't aford to replace it. (I'm a diffident sort by nature, and I find poverty particularly embarrassing, so it has taken a while for me to summon the courage to contact you lot. Hence the blushing emoticon.)

This predicament leaves me limited to a couple hours a day four or five days a week to get everything done on a public library computer; also, the place is closed on the weekends, so chat participation doesn't seem possible for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to leave this message via my phone's browser and the library's public wifi; I hope it works.

Email still works via the phone, so you can reach me at Switchhttr69 [at] gmail [dot] com. I'm not keen on Google mail since it tends to reveal my name in my emails no matter what (which I hate), but beggars can't be choosers.  :-\

I hope you've enjoyed my contributions in the past, and I look forward to adding more in the future.

~~ BalanceTheEnergies
Dubito ergo sum

DesertRose

Good to hear from you, and we'll be glad to see you again when you can visit with us!

Sorry to hear of the computer's demise, and don't feel ashamed of not having money.  It's not as though being broke is some sort of moral failing.

*hugs* if welcome
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Really glad you plucked up courage to get in touch. I enjoy everyone's contributions and read the comments just as avidly as the stories. Welcome back.

I endorse everything Desert Rose said and at the risk of sounding like my nan (northern English for Grandmother sorry not sure what US usage is?) Why don't they make things to last anymore?

What matters is who you are not what you've got - a cliché but only because it's true
:)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

I'm glad you found a way to get back to the forum, if not to the chat room.  If your phone can handle apps, there might be one that yours can use to get to the Sunday chats.  I have an app on my Android phone that will let me log in to the chatroom.  But even if yours doesn't have that capability, I hope you will be able to stay in touch anyway via the forum, wherever you are.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Good to hear from you BTE.

I think I would go mad without my computer. Or maybe I could get back my old life.  But who wants that anyway.
Write us some more stories by the old fashion method of pen and pencil and than type it in at the library for our enjoyment.
Here's a thought, find some friends with teenage kids that play games and buy themselves new computers every year.  I bet you could get an awesome deal on an old computer they want to throw away.

Glad your here.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Sorry about the computer and money troubles, BTE. You're not alone in either case--lots of good people are also struggling. We're glad to hear from you in whatever ways you can find to keep in touch.  Hope things improve soon!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

BalanceTheEnergies

Thanks for your warm welcome.  :)

Quote from: Evie on May 28, 2014, 03:37:19 PM
If your phone can handle apps, there might be one that yours can use to get to the Sunday chats.  I have an app on my Android phone that will let me log in to the chatroom. 

As a freebie from my cellular provider, I've got an LG Mach running Android (4, I think), and I got the Firefox Android browser for it. I'll search for either an app or an addon for that browser (wasn't Chatzilla an addon or a plugin or something?). If I'm lucky, I could get the microphone to take dictation so I could speak my responses instead of thumb-typing them. I've almost gotten my health insurance problems straightened out, so perhaps I can get to that this weekend.
Dubito ergo sum

Jerusha

It's  nice to hear from you again, BTE.  Try not to stress about all the issues - you are certainly not alone!  Hope everything improves soon, and I hope the app works out.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

I think the Android app I use is called AndChat or something like that.  I tried another one first, but it was a major pain to use on a phone (I could see people's dialogue or what I was typing, but not both at the same time), but the app I use now works well despite the small screen size I'm working with.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!