• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,560
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 389
Total: 389
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A bit of excitement this morning.

Started by Elkhound, May 21, 2014, 11:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

Rupert caught and killed a MOUSE!  He presented it to me.  Good kitty!  ;D

Evie

VERY good kitty!  And better you than me....   ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

Good kitty indeed.  You won't have to worry about rodents around your place with Rupert on patrol.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Good Rupurt, bringing daddy a gift, and showing you how much he cares.

I guess this makes him a grown up Kitty cat.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

Actually, he killed his first mouse at about 5 months old.  But yes, he turned one year old last month.  He's not a kitten any more; he's most certainly a full-fledged CAT!

Silly mouse!  He should have smelled the cat and decided that this house wasn't for him.

Aerlys

Oh, the good kind of excitement.

So you received the High Badge of Honor from Rupert. That's great! What a good kitty. My cat used to drown them in his water dish and leave them there.

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

AnnieUK

LOL, Aerlys! My girl kitty used to find DD's hair elastics wherever she had dropped them and put them in the water bowl.

"Mum! I can't find a hair band!"
"Have you tried the cat's dish?"

Girl kitty has brought back birds and mice and also a bar of chocolate. She loves chocolate, but we have no idea where she scrounged it from. Boy kitty can manage the occasional fly or leaf. Maybe a worm, if he's feeling particularly adventurous.

Elkhound

I think there may be a mouse he can hear or smell but can't get to.  He's all wound up about something.

DesertRose

That, or he hears/sees the house sprites.  You know, the ones that hide your keys from you and taunt the cat(s) by their very presence.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Gigi is our house sprite.  We have to be careful about leaving small or furry/fuzzy items out where she can reach them, because they'll turn out in a completely different part of the house.  Once I even caught her dragging a pair of my daughter's trousers down the hallway, although once she spotted me watching her, she dropped them and tried to saunter away nonchalantly as if she had no idea how they got there.  Luke has no interest in relocating things, just sitting on them, but Gigi is a little kleptomaniac.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

LOL, Evie.

The house sprite thing is an old inside joke from when I lived with some friends.  It explains how keys (or whatever) got somewhere you don't recall leaving them, and it explains the random mad running about and the random staring into what appears to be empty space that cats do.

Shiral

Greeblings are the name for those invisible mischievous  sprites.  Cats  nobly do their best to protect us, but they're seriously outnumbered. Dmitri informs me that I get greebling infestations every now and then. That must be why I found one of my favorite vases shattered on the living room floor when I got home last night.

"Honest it was the greeblings! I tried to save it but it was too late." Well, that's Dmitri's  story, and he's sticking to it, the little wretch!
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Aerlys

In our house we have gremlins.

And munchkins -- but they blame everything on the gremlins.

Mindy, the little doggy, likes to hoard little treasures in her kennel: crayons, marker lids, doll shoes, DD's figurines... Her favorite plaything is a little furry mouse that is actually a cat toy. She carries it around with her. Still, I can't blame her for the cups of coffee, eyeglasses, socks, and car keys that disappear around here.

Blasted gremlins!
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

Elkhound

I think the other mouse must be behind the refrigerator.  At least Rupert seems to be very interested in that part of the kitchen, and I've caught him on the floor with his nose pressed up against the gap between the refrigerator and the counter.