• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

It only took two years

Started by Imladris, March 28, 2008, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imladris

Greetings everyone, well it only took me two years to FINALLY get newsgroups back (alt.books.deryni was only one that I read). And then to find the changes!!! Everything moved to Rhemuth Castle! [Does that make alt.books.deryni or deryni.net/com = Valoret?]
I am glad Katherine is closer to this group of fans, (in the "narrator's" voice: When last we left Katherine anjavascript:void(0);
Insert Quoted family, they were about to move to a new castle in Scotland].  Almost moved to the Shenandoah area myself about 15 years ago - and have an old friend in Stuart's Draft just down the road. You would be hard-pressed to locate a more picturesque area.
I hope to be able to get to one of those Conventions that the Deryni fans attend - each year have pined at Thanksgiving.
Perhaps one will be closer to Ground Zero for Katherine (ie. Hurricane King country).
Well work calls. Those of us with the Green mantles are always being wanted by someone.

Imladris

Shiral

Well hello again, Imladris. Glad you found your way here.  :)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Imladris

The calender(s) still being done?

Imladris

lancingboy

What does Shenandoah mean? I know it is either Irish or Scottish. We have a Shenandoah about 15-20 minutes away from my house here in America. The police there are terrible! They like to stop people and give them tickets for no good reason at all lol. I am always warned to drive carefully around that area.

Mak

Shenandoah is actually a Native American word, probably Algonquian, maening "beautiful star daughter" or "spruce lined stream."  Some scholars put it as Iroquois, meaning "great plain."
-Mak