• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,568
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 191
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 173
Total: 174
JudithR
Google (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 02:47:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy St Pats

Started by tenworld, March 17, 2014, 12:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I'll let you get away with that if he won't!   ;D

If you want a tea with enough "body" in the taste to perhaps fool your brain into thinking it's getting something as rich as coffee, you might give Lapsang Souchong a try, but only if you really, really love the smell of wood smoke, because Lapsang's aroma and flavor resembles nothing so much as a liquid campfire.  It's black tea that has been infused with pine smoke, so not to everyone's tastes, but my son and I love the stuff, and even a friend of mine who loves espresso but normally dislikes tea said he liked Lapsang once he was finally convinced to try it.

Now, what was that hot beverage that Wencit of Torenth liked, that I got the impression was meant to be something like a spiced tea-like beverage?  Or did I just totally hallucinate that scene?
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

That would be darja tee, brewed from the leaves and flowers of a bush that grows in the Rheljan Mountains (HD).
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

Quote from: Jerusha on March 20, 2014, 04:27:12 PM
That would be darja tee, brewed from the leaves and flowers of a bush that grows in the Rheljan Mountains (HD).

Darja is made from flowers that grow in the Rheljan Mts, yes. Myself, I've always interpreted Darja to be a Deryni Universe cousin of jasmine tea. I think it's described as being a "green gold" color which would fit.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!