• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,481
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Presenting The RhemuthCastle.com Fanfic Table of Contents database

Started by DesertRose, January 05, 2014, 08:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

This was Evie's brainwave but my execution, as Evie's right arm is out of commission for the time being.

So, without further ado, I present to you--the RhemuthCastle.com Fanfiction Table of Contents!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LC7ZFMKr__ZlV34DiG_K2KN-enClG3GYfGxVG51x0zY/

It is a spreadsheet I put together in Excel and then uploaded to Google Drive to make it accessible, because it swiftly became too large for a single post here.

The first tab in the spreadsheet has the stories alphabetized by title, then each author has a tab (listed in alphabetical order as I thought that was both fair and easy to deal with) and within each author's tab, the stories are arranged in chronological order of posting.

If anybody has any suggestions regarding the table of contents, please let me know via PM on the board or emailing me at desertrose at deryni dot net, as I'm going to lock this thread because I don't want nine zillion comments attached to this; it is merely for reference.

Edited to change the URL because I moved the file within my Google Drive and I was afraid that the move might have changed the link address.  ~DR 25 July 2017
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Maybe it's just because I'm trying to open the link on my phone's browser,  but I keep getting an error message saying I don't have permission to access that page.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

No, it's because I forgot to set the permissions to "anybody who has the link can view."  :P

Forgive me, I was quite sleepy by the time I finished it and posted it to Google Drive.  :)

Thanks for letting me know!
~DR
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

DesertRose, thank you for all the work to put this list together.  I have just discovered several stories that are now on my 'How did I miss this one, have to read it soon!' list.

Thank you.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Just to let y'all know, I have updated the Table of Contents to reflect the additions of Jerusha's story "The Reluctant Chatelaine" and revanne's story "Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground" to the board.

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

I think I have added all of our most recent stories to this (anything written since mid-2014), but if your story appears to be missing, please let me know what title needs to be added.

There is a thread that was started by Elkhound (the Epistolary story one) that contains multiple story vignettes by different authors. I have not added this to the database since I was unsure how to go about it, yet I think it might be nice to save it for future readers since there were some nice vignettes on it. (Thanks, Elkhound, for generating the idea!)  Perhaps a link to the main topic page could go on the database with the author listed as "Various"?  I think this thread is locked to non-moderators, so if anyone has an opinion on how to add that to the database (or if it should be added), just shoot me a private message.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

I have now added the collaborative stories to the database.  They have their own tab, cleverly labeled "Collaborative Stories," and they have all also been added to the "Alpha By Title" tab. 

In the field that would normally hold the name of the author of any given story, I have placed the username of the person who started the topic, and the author of any given entry in a collaborative story is identified in parentheses in the field with the story's title, and if there is a number after the author's name, that number indicates the sequence of entries, i.e. if UserA made three contributions to a collaborative story, their name will be listed as ("UserA 1" on their first entry, "UserA 2" on their second entry, etc.)

On the collaborative stories, the "Chapter" field generally contains a short description of the entry rather than a chapter number as would be done with stories composed by a single user.

I know there are other stories that need to be added to the database, and I (or someone) will hopefully get around to adding them soon.

Laurna

This is wonderful DR.  Thank you for your time and effort.
The other story I would live to see added here is Revanne's "The Twelve Days of Christmas". Most of the stories are Revanne's, yet this is not listed under her author's name since there are a few entries from other people.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

I somehow managed not to see the "Twelve Days of Christmas" collaborative story when I looked under that heading.  It's added now, along with everything else that didn't seem to be in the database already.  (Hopefully.)