• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 89
Total: 89

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Possible Pirating?

Started by AnnieUK, December 31, 2013, 06:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

Someone pointed me in the direction of this site, and just as a matter of interest I put KK's name in. I got these results:

http://www.general-ebooks.com/search/katherine-kurtz

While it doesn't look to be a huge problem, it's still potentially pirated books (with nasties possibly embedded too? Who knows.) so I thought I'd flag it up here. KK's agent/publisher might want to check it out.

Evie

Yeah,  that looks pretty dicey.   :-\
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

Evie, have you already pointed KK at this?  If not, I'll fire off an email and make sure she's aware and can make her publisher aware of it.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

I haven't yet.  I'm sure there's some easy way to copy and paste a link into email on my phone,  but I haven't figured out how that works yet,  so go ahead and forward it.  I may not be where I have access to a computer for a few more hours
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

I'd have done it, but I don't have her email, so I figured if I hollered one of you would. :)

DesertRose

Email sent.  Thanks for pointing it out, Annie.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)