• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Good news!

Started by Elkhound, December 05, 2013, 11:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

After about a year and a half of unemployment, I've been offered a job, and have accepted.  It is with the State of West Virginia, so there are some bureaucratic hurdles before it is confirmed, so I won't give any details until then.

DesertRose

Yay!  Congratulations!

Does this mean Rupert gets to stay?  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

So glad to hear about your new job, Elkhound!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

That is awesome news. Congratulations to you, and a warm welcome to Rupert. He is your lucky kitty cat.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Wonderful news, Elkhound!  I'm very, very glad to hear it!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Aerlys

Yay!  Break out the champagne and catnip -- you and Rupert need to celebrate!

I was just wondering yesterday how your job search was going. May it turn out to be your best job ever.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

derynifanatic64

Good luck with your new job!!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Elkhound

Thank you.  As soon as it is confirmed I will contact Rupert's ex-humans.

Evie

If they were formerly human, what are they now?   ;)  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

Zombies?  Vampires? Ghouls?

No, I meant that they were formerly RUPERT'S humans.  I'm his human now.

Laurna

QuoteI'm his human now.
;D

Possession is  9/10ths of the law. lol

But whom is possessing whom? :o

I own my puppy dogs, but cats always own their humans. Got to love it! :-*
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

I've done some calculations.  Rupert would have been born shortly after Zane died.  Do you think. . .?  Nah!

DesertRose

Laurna, dogs have owners.  Cats have staff.  :)  Or, as I saw on a bumper sticker one time, "My dog thinks he's human.  My cat thinks he's God."

And Elkhound, there's no telling.  In any case, congratulations again on the new job and Rupert taking up permanent residence with you.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Elkhound

Quote from: Elkhound on December 06, 2013, 12:24:10 PM

To get this slightly OT, do you think that Deryni magic could create anything along those lines?  (I would tend to say 'no.'  If it were possible, I think Charissa or Wencit would have done it.)

DesertRose

Quote from: Elkhound on December 07, 2013, 11:10:26 AM
Quote from: Elkhound on December 06, 2013, 12:24:10 PM

To get this slightly OT, do you think that Deryni magic could create anything along those lines?  (I would tend to say 'no.'  If it were possible, I think Charissa or Wencit would have done it.)

That would be a good question for KK some Sunday.  :)  I tend to think no as well, for the same reason you quoted and also because of what happened to Camber in the end.  Nobody even thought about attempting to galvanize his corpse; they were concerned about either bringing him back to life, out of suspension, or letting his spirit move on, and if anybody could have done it, it would be Evaine, Joram, Queron, and Camber (and probably Dom Emrys, if he had still been living by that point).