• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,566
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 189
Total: 190
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 05:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rupert

Started by Elkhound, November 02, 2013, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

Something set Rupert off last night. About midnight he started dashing all over the apartment as though all the demons of Hell were after him, yowling like a banshee.  Including on the bed.  Right over the lump in the blankets that was me.

Then, after about 10 minutes, he jumped up on the bed, curled up under my chin, and went to sleep.

Cats are insane.

Evie

Congratulations, you've experienced Crazy Kitteh Time.  Happens at my house usually somewhere between 9:30 and 11:00 pm.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

I've had cats that got the Zips, but usually it was in the early evening, not late at night.

Elkhound

He spent about 1/2 hour asleep on my lap, just as though he'd NEVER. . . .lets see what happens after I get to bed.

Aerlys

A cat fit!  :o

This evokes images of Koko and Yum-yum from The Cat Who... books. (Sure, they're brain candy, but my mom enjoys them and it's something we can share.)

Sounds like Rupert is a normal, healthy kitty!

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Laurna

It has nothing to do with you're cute little Rupert having a run around, but last night at about 1:00 am we had a tiny earthquake. A 3.1 fairly close to home. It was barely noticeable. Mostly just a sound of rumbling and than a small shake. But my little Jessa started howling and crying and carrying on like the world was about to end. I had to pick her up, cuddle her, and tell her it was all right.  I have to laugh, I guess that was her first experience with an earthquake. I and the rest of the dogs would have slept through it if she had not made such a fuss.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Earthquakes...yeah, that's one thing I don't miss since leaving California....   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Yeah, we get an occasional tremor up here sometimes, too. I'm glad it wasn't serious, Laurna.

What I don't miss from living in the Midwest are the tornadoes. Oddly enough, though, an EF1 tornado touched down just a few miles from us a few weeks ago, but nothing like the ones we experienced back east.

Cat fits, on the other hand, are not limited by region, and are nearly impossible to predict!
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

derynifanatic64

Back in the early 80's, there was a 5 earthquake in Ohio.  I was sitting on the couch and it started shaking.  I thought my sister was shaking it, but no one was there.  She and our dog were upstairs and they were experiencing more shaking than me.  Our mom was in the basement and felt nothing.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Aerlys

I remember that! I lived in Michigan at the time, and we felt it there, too.

DH and I experienced the Ash Wednesday Earthquake that hit Seattle in 2001. DH was in a parking lot, and thought someone was jumping on his work truck. Then he saw the plate glass store windows wobbling back and forth like jello, and realized what was happening.

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

Pulled a couple of squirrels out of the freezer--courtesy of a hunting friend; made squirrel curry, served over wild rice.  (To keep this somehow on topic, I wonder how our Gwynneddian friends would react to that?)  I set the livers and hearts aside and cooked them separately for Rupert.

First a sniff, then a nibble, then  MEERRAOW!---he INHALED them.  I guess something about them called to his Inner Lynx.

Evie

The blend of spices used in curry would probably be quite unfamiliar; however, the taste of squirrel itself would not be.   :)

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

They wouldn't have rice, much less wild rice, would they?

DesertRose

Probably not, as both rice and wild rice are warm-climate plants.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Elkhound

Quote from: DesertRose on November 13, 2013, 10:05:32 PM
Probably not, as both rice and wild rice are warm-climate plants.  :)

Wild rice isn't.  It is native to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Canada. . . . (I grew up in Minnesota, and have seen the Native Americans harvesting it in the traditional way.)