• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142
JudithR
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Rupert

Started by Elkhound, November 02, 2013, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

I'm fostering a kitten right now, taking care of him for a while until his people can find a furr-ever home for him.  His name is Rupert, he's about 3 1/2 months old, and is a marble ginger tabby.  I suspect he may have some Bengal in him.  He's a sweet thing--hugely energetic, but also very affectionate.  (I took pictures, but they're all too big to upload.)

I'd take him permanently, but not having a job right now I don't feel it would be responsible to do so.  (Although I've had several interviews lately, so knock wood!)

Part of me, though, is feeling a little guilty for letting myself get involved with another cat so soon after Zane; like a widower dating when grass isn't grown on his late wife's grave.

Laurna

Hi Elkhound. Rupert sounds like a perfect kitten. I love marble tabbys. My sister's cat is grey striped with tan edging on the grey. Is this what you mean by Ginger tabby?  May be I'm stepping too far into the future here,  but something in your words makes me think Rupert has already found a Furr-ever home. That little notion sounds absolutely marvelous to me.  A purring, playful kitten in the house should be well worth the extra expense of kitten food. Besides how much can a  tiny kitten eat?  Shrink a picture and upload it, I would love to see Rupert.

Also, I just knocked on some wood about those interviews.  Good luck!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

Hi, Laurna~The kitten food isn't my concern.  What if he gets sick and I can't afford the vet bills?  And what if I get foreclosed on?  I have friends/relatives who might take me in, but I couldn't ask them to take Rupert in, too.

Jerusha

Even it you can't keep him, he sounds like a very cute kitty and you can enjoy him for the while he is with you.

Hoping the job interviews go very well.  *knocks wood*
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

When Rupert grows up, he'll probably look like this:

derynifanatic64

Rupert is one lucky puddy tat!!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Evie

Rupert sounds adorable.  My Luke is a ginger tabby too.  Most of the ginger tabbies I have met have tended to be very sweet natured.  I hope you find a job soon and that you're able to keep your new feline buddy.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

Thanks, Evie.

The interview last week was as a Cultural Programming Coordinator for the State Department of History, Archives, & Culture.  That is *right* up my ally.

Aerlys

Oh Elkhound, please don't feel guilty about getting involved with another cat. Zane will always have a special place in your heart, but it really is okay to make other commitments now, even if they are only short term. Taking care of Rupert in his time of need will not diminish what you shared with Zane, but rather carries on the legacy of love and affection you once shared with your beloved fur-friend.

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

I have two interviews next week--one as a Paralegal with the state tax department, and another as a docket clerk with the office of administrative hearings.  Neither is quite as up my alley as the Cultural Programming position, but still, a job is a job and it WILL get me back into the State system.

Jerusha

Good luck, Elkhound!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

Laurna

Good luck Elkhound.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

I hope that works out for you!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

Good luck on all of your interviews!!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!