• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Two decades ago...

Started by Aerlys, September 18, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Congratulations!  Your marriage is now old enough to drink legally.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Congratulations - I hope you have enjoyed the day :)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Congratulations! Hope you are having a wonderful, marvelous day, with extra hugs for (and from) DH!  :)

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

Happy 21st Anniversary! Aerlys and spouse! Last year you inquired how happy clams actually are. After a year of intensive exhaustive research on bivalve contentment, my research team and I have concluded that clams are really very content and well-adjusted. We based our conclusion on the following factors:
No evidence of divorce among married clams (we'll just skate right over the fact that marriage doesn't appear to be a clam tradition).
No evidence of anti-depressant use or excessive use of therapeutic counseling by clams.
No evidence of massive suicide among the clam community.
The razor clams, the littlenecks and the geoduck clams all appear to accept one another without prejudice although they do appear to live in their own separated communities.
No evidence of money worries or retirement account anxiety among clams (so what if they don't use money?).
In fact the only things clams have to fear is fear itself, and perhaps seafood restaurants and fish markets. So, we've concluded that in their own low key, bottom feederish way, clams ar really quite content, as a species.

You doubt my findings? That's just fine! Go take a law mower to your mammoth woolly!

:D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Aerlys

ROTFLMBO, Shiral! That's some quality research, and deserves publication in National Geographic. I'm flattered that you went through all that trouble.

Any real celebrating will have to be  postponed for a few days. We have three extra boys in our care. Their mom had to rush to Spokane to take care of her mom, who needed surgery. But, their dad Wil have them tomorrow. A few days won't matter, since our marriage is worth celebrating any day.  :)

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

DesertRose

Wow, ten kids in the same house?  You're a stronger woman than I, Aerlys.  :)

Back on topic, happy anniversary, whenever and however you get to celebrate it.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)