• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,559
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 320
Total: 320
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Two decades ago...

Started by Aerlys, September 18, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

There are no laundry fairies, Aerlys, only Laundry Gremlins.  These are the mystical creatures that spirit away only one sock; who put the white underwear in the load with the reds (pink is such a fetching colour for boys' boxer briefs) and who try to help by putting your favourite shirt in the dryer (it is now being donated to Evie's mini-Deryni project.)

But then, what is life without adventure?   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

derynifanatic64

Congratulations Aerlys and your spouse!!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Aerlys

Quote from: Jerusha on September 18, 2013, 07:06:35 PM
There are no laundry fairies, Aerlys, only Laundry Gremlins.  These are the mystical creatures that spirit away only one sock; who put the white underwear in the load with the reds (pink is such a fetching colour for boys' boxer briefs) and who try to help by putting your favourite shirt in the dryer (it is now being donated to Evie's mini-Deryni project.)

LOL!

I've decided that our dryer is on the receiving end of the Black Hole of Socks. We always seem to find mystery socks that don't belong to ANYONE on our house! (I stick to certain brands and colors to make sorting and pairing easier.)

I'll be happy to check if I have one of yours, if you want.  :D

The gremlins in my house hide my half-consumed coffee mugs, put my car keys in the silverware drawer, my cell phone in the refrigerator, and smear peanut butter on the cabinets.

And speaking of adventure, wait till I tell you about our "date" last night...
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Aerlys

The gremlins also put Sharpies in with the washable kids' markers (not just any Sharpies, mind you, but the professional, ultra-permanent kind) so DD3 can draw onion faces on her little brother's back...and belly...and face... ;D

**Sigh**

Back to the bathtub.  ::)

(What did you say about adventures?)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

To turn the old US Navy recruitment ad slogan on its head....

"Motherhood.  It's not just an adventure.  It's a job!"   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Quote from: Aerlys on September 19, 2013, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: Jerusha on September 18, 2013, 07:06:35 PM

LOL!

I've decided that our dryer is on the receiving end of the Black Hole of Socks. We always seem to find mystery socks that don't belong to ANYONE on our house! (I stick to certain brands and colors to make sorting and pairing easier.)

I'll be happy to check if I have one of yours, if you want.  :D

The gremlins in my house hide my half-consumed coffee mugs, put my car keys in the silverware drawer, my cell phone in the refrigerator, and smear peanut butter on the cabinets.

And speaking of adventure, wait till I tell you about our "date" last night...

My theory is that the Rings of Saturn are made of the Lost Socks of Earth. And my laundry gremlins have seen to it that I contribute a steady supply of them!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

Quote from: Shiral on September 20, 2013, 02:18:16 AM

My theory is that the Rings of Saturn are made of the Lost Socks of Earth. And my laundry gremlins have seen to it that I contribute a steady supply of them!

Melissa

That makes more sense than any other theory I've heard so far to explain those sock disappearances!   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

Speaking of the great mysteries of life, I'd like to know why sheep don't shrink when it rains.

Hilaire Belloc

Shiral

Quote from: Aerlys on September 20, 2013, 01:26:25 PM
Speaking of the great mysteries of life, I'd like to know why sheep don't shrink when it rains.

Oh, but they do! You didn't know that sheep used to be the size of elephants in ancient times? Over time, their gene pool shrank. (Even though each household only needed one, Elephant-sheep proved impractical because they ate so much, so they were slowly bred smaller and smaller.)
;D
This little-known history of sheep brought  to you by
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Laurna

There is a 20th anniversary endeavor. Try to sheer and elephant/sheep with your spouse. It is not going to happen, but oh the stories that could be told after the attempt.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

Quote from: Shiral on September 20, 2013, 04:16:13 PM
Oh, but they do! You didn't know that sheep used to be the size of elephants in ancient times?

Of course I knew that. They were called mammoth woolies.

Quote from: Laurna on September 20, 2013, 08:52:02 PM
There is a 20th anniversary endeavor. Try to sheer and elephant/sheep with your spouse. It is not going to happen, but oh the stories that could be told after the attempt.

Would we be trying to celebrate our marriage or end it?  ;D
Still, you better believe my DH would find a power tool to do it with!

Since my friends here are so wise, here's a few more burning questions:

How happy is a clam, anyway?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out"?  :P

If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to see it, do the other trees make fun of it? And if it lands on a mime, will anyone care? (Besides the mime  :-X, of course.)

Hilaire Belloc

Aerlys

Never mind. I figured it out.  The answer is 42.

Oops, wrong forum...

(Dedicated to my DH, who will always be my 42!)

Hilaire Belloc

Aerlys

Hilaire Belloc

Laurna

Happy 21st anniversary!
May you next year be filled with love, and all the years to come.
Oh, what a happy day!
May your horses have wings and fly!