• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Two decades ago...

Started by Aerlys, September 18, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlys

Not as auspicious as Evie's silver anniversary, but today (the 18th) we are celebrating our 20th anniversary!

I can hardly believe how very blessed I am to be able to share life's adventure with someone who is such an amazing hubby, lover, father, and best friend, all rolled into one. (Bonus: he fixes cars, does dishes, and remodels the house, too!) He puts up with this Italian-tempered redhead, with all my quirks, when a lesser man probably would've fled this three-ring circus long ago.

Like the finer things in life, it gets better with every passing year.

(And, yes, the '53 Chevy in the avatar is ours)

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Aerlys

Didn't want to forget our seven little passion fruit, but can't seem to get the pics to load tonight. Stay tuned...
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Shiral

Quote from: Aerlys on September 18, 2013, 12:12:37 AM
Not as auspicious as Evie's silver anniversary, but today (the 18th) we are celebrating our 20th anniversary!

I can hardly believe how very blessed I am to be able to share life's adventure with someone who is such an amazing hubby, lover, father, and best friend, all rolled into one. (Bonus: he fixes cars, does dishes, and remodels the house, too!) He puts up with this Italian-tempered redhead, with all my quirks, when a lesser man probably would've fled this three-ring circus long ago.

Like the finer things in life, it gets better with every passing year.

(And, yes, the '53 Chevy in the avatar is ours)

Happy 20th wedding anniversary to you and your great guy, Aerlys. =o) 20 years and seven passion fruits isn't a bad record, I'd say.  ;D

Melissa/Shiral
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

AnnieUK

Congratulations! Hope the family have something nice planned. Or failing that, just less mayhem than usual. :)

Irina

Quote from: Aerlys on September 18, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Whee, congratulations! Our 20th anniversary was on the 18th of July  :)  Marriage is a very good thing.

Jerusha

Congratulations Aerlys!  May the next 20 be even happier! 

We celebrate our 35th anniversary next week.  September must have been a good month for marriages.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Congratulations, Aerlys!  Wait, you're a redhead?  OK, now I've got to revise my mental image of you.... :D

The 20-year mark in a marriage is a momentous occasion, not to be scoffed at.  We celebrated ours with due decorum and high ceremony....  http://evie-delacourt.livejournal.com/557.html

"Passion fruit"... LOL!  Gotta add that to the list of things to call the progeny....   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Congratulations Aerlys, 20 years  is a wondrous feat. Enjoy your day of victory against the odds.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

Thank you all for your well-wishes! Since it's a school night, we'll probably do something nice as a family on Sunday instead (though DH and I might sneak out for coffee and tiramisu if he gets home early). We don't have relatives close to us, so it'll be just us. DH and I are planning to head up to Victoria, BC, in the near future by ourselves.  :-*

After a lot of wrangling, I decided this is the best way to show off our Passion Fruit photos. Unfortunately, they're not in order, but oh well.

http://sdrv.ms/1a4e4fx

Who can spot our little Oliver Hardy?

Quote from: Irina on September 18, 2013, 04:50:20 AM
Whee, congratulations! Our 20th anniversary was on the 18th of July  :)

That's my sis-in-law's anniversary as well! Congrats to you, too!

Quote from: Jerusha on September 18, 2013, 06:06:05 AM
We celebrate our 35th anniversary next week.  September must have been a good month for marriages.   :)

Awesome! Congrats to you, as well!

Quote from: AnnieUK on September 18, 2013, 02:03:39 AM
Congratulations! Hope the family have something nice planned. Or failing that, just less mayhem than usual. :)

LOL. I often say that the soundtrack to my life is circus music.  ;)

Actually, I have to clarify that our life really isn't usually filled with mayhem, though Hollywood likes to portray large families that way. In fact, in my experience, most (though not all) large families are well-behaved. Oh, we're very busy, and I suppose there is a certain amount of "controlled chaos," but life is really one interruption after the other, after all. We just tend to have more than the average number of interruptions! :P

Still, in the middle of it all, there's plenty of love and laughter (if we didn't laugh at the truly ludicrous things that happen, we'd go crazy). It's fun and amazing to see them all grow up into such neat individuals, all with their own interests and talents. The house is rarely clean, the cars aren't fancy, the couches are worn. The hours are long, the pay is lousy. Time off? PFFT!  But the benefits are priceless. We wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world! 

Ultimately, our family is our life's work, and will impact the future far more than any of our own petty little projects. They keep us young, keep us united,  and keep us focused on what really matters. 

Sigh. And now it's time for me to run out the door again. Later, all!

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Great family photos, although it's probably just as well that they weren't all that age at the same time.   ;D  You know there's a Gallery attached to this forum that you can upload photos to also, if you wish.

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Quote from: Evie on September 18, 2013, 12:43:34 PM
Great family photos, although it's probably just as well that they weren't all that age at the same time.   ;D  You know there's a Gallery attached to this forum that you can upload photos to also, if you wish.

LOL! I think septuplets would have definitely sent us over the edge! Ack, all those diapers... :P

I know there's a gallery, but thought that adding 7+ photos would be a bit much.

As a side note, I do know that big families are not for everyone, so please don't think I'd judge anyone for their family size. It's funny how people either feel like they need to explain themselves, or make wisecracks like, "Haven't you figured out where they come from yet?' I do, however, get a kick out of the looks I get when I'm loading seven gallons of milk in my shopping cart!  :o

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: Aerlys on September 18, 2013, 02:15:41 PM
I do, however, get a kick out of the looks I get when I'm loading seven gallons of milk in my shopping cart!  :o

"Shh, I'm the Dairy Fairy.  Every night I leave milk in the refrigerator for good little boys and girls to find the next morning.  Please don't tell anyone my secret identity...."

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Quote from: Evie on September 18, 2013, 02:51:13 PM
"Shh, I'm the Dairy Fairy.  Every night I leave milk in the refrigerator for good little boys and girls to find the next morning.

I got news for you lady -- you missed our house last night!

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: Aerlys on September 18, 2013, 03:19:16 PM
Quote from: Evie on September 18, 2013, 02:51:13 PM
"Shh, I'm the Dairy Fairy.  Every night I leave milk in the refrigerator for good little boys and girls to find the next morning.

I got news for you lady -- you missed our house last night!

No, no, that's what you can start telling people when they stare at you for loading your grocery cart with 7 gallons of milk! 

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Ah, an identity so secret, even I don't know who I am!  :o

So is this why the Laundry Fairy keeps missing my house, too?

Hilaire Belloc