• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Who/Whom distinction

Started by Evie, August 22, 2013, 02:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I tend to let the who/whom difference fall by the wayside and just use "who" for both subject and object except for in formal writing, but this online tutorial had me nearly in tears trying not to laugh out loud at my desk:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/who_vs_whom
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Now that is funny.  Too bad they don't appear to have one on the use of commas.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

Saw this yesterday.

It's all about the moustaches.

AnnieUK

Quote from: Jerusha on August 22, 2013, 03:05:29 PM
Now that is funny.  Too bad they don't appear to have one on the use of commas.   ;D

No, but Evie did post this a while back.
http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,953.0.html

Jerusha

I've printed Evie's comma reference, so I'll have it handy for my next story.  Though I'm sure Evie will still find a few errant commas lurking.  ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Aerlys

ROTFL!

The children with whom I have shared this will never forget this tidbit of whimsical wisdom.

And I will know whom I should blame when they start drawing mustaches on each other and hitting the bourbon!

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc