• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 114
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 62
Total: 63
Shiral
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 07:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big smile on my face

Started by AnnieUK, July 30, 2013, 01:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

Don't know if Gemeli is someone on here, but if so, thanks for the review!

DesertRose

Annie, I've ordered my copy as part of my birthday present to myself.  (Also in that category is a new pair of pajamas, because two of my sets have given up the ghost after years of use.)

I read the reviews.  I am seriously looking forward to reading it!  It sounds fascinating.

Best wishes,
~DR
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

AnnieUK

Thanks, DR. :)

And you can never have too many pairs of pajamas.

Aerlys

Quote from: AnnieUK on January 03, 2014, 02:01:34 AM
Not sure about traditionally published, but self-published will almost certainly prefer ebooks. The production costs on print on demand books + Amazon's cut = despite the high price, I make pretty much nothing on a paperback.

I suspected as much. So, Kindle version for me, then (and my first Kindle book purchase, BTW).

I'll be sure to write a glowing review when all brain cells are firing at the same time. (Well, at least 3/4 of them, anyway. If I wait till I'm at full capacity, it might take a few years. :D) After all, what good is a review if it's mindless gibberish?
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

AnnieUK

Awesome, thanks. :)

I'm willing to bet I'll not see back the money I put out on editing, cover design and formatting any time soon, but every bit helps. I figured if I was going to do it, it was going to look smart, though.

Jerusha

And you certainly succeeded, Annie!   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

If you're in the US or UK (or you get your books through either of those Amazon sites) and you haven't got Crowchanger and want it, it might be worth having a look on there sooner rather than later. Like today or tomorrow, preferably, or Wednesday/Thursday for a lesser bargain...

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on March 17, 2014, 11:08:22 AM
If you're in the US or UK (or you get your books through either of those Amazon sites) and you haven't got Crowchanger and want it, it might be worth having a look on there sooner rather than later. Like today or tomorrow, preferably, or Wednesday/Thursday for a lesser bargain...

Think of it as a St. Paddy's Day sale....   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Oh cool, I see you scored the kindle deals for today. That is great. I hope it entices many people to purchase your novel.
How is book two coming along?
May your horses have wings and fly!

AnnieUK

Book 2 has gone to be formatted, and I've had a first effort at a cover back from the designer. I have to say I wasn't keen on it, so some more ideas have been batted around and he's getting back to me with a second attempt in a couple of days.

Book 3 has been kicking my backside, but I now have a fully-functional outline. I need to go through and see which bits of my previous draft are salvageable. One disadvantage of being a gardener (in GRR Martin's terms) rather than an architect, is I throw a lot away in order to find out where exactly I'm going.

Laurna

Annie, I love the comment of the gardening writing style vs the architectural style. I like the gardening style myself where you plant lots of seeds and then see what really grows to fruition.  I was talking to a friend who has read all his books and she laughed. "If GRR Martin is an architect than he is a relation to the builders of the Winchester Mansion," she said.  I had to laugh with her.
If you have never heard of the Winchester mansion you should look it up.  The widow of Mr. Winchester, afraid of lost souls caused by her husband's gun business, built a never ending home with stairwells to nowhere and doors that opened to brick walls in order to foil all the ghosts. I think this describes Game of Thrones quite well. For as much as I love GoT, there is more gardening in his books than architecture. At least the TV series edits out much of it.

So IMHO, garden away! Plant as many seeds of every variety and see what grows. Then relish in the harvest of a bountiful crop.
May your horses have wings and fly!