• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:26:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ARGH

Started by DesertRose, July 24, 2013, 03:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

There was a rash of auto break-ins a month and a half or so ago in my apartment complex.  I wasn't home when it happened.

There was another last night, and this time I wasn't as lucky.  My driver's door window got smashed in, although nothing was taken probably because there was nothing of any particular value in my car.

It's just a pain in the neck, you know?  ARGH!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Oh no!  That is awful. I hope your insurance company will come out to you and fix it at your home. What a hassle to deal with. I hope you are ok and it is fixed very quickly.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

I have the perfect solution to prevent this from happening again.  Put a sign on the car that says "This car is protected by a stenrect crawler" and put a picture of the crawler next to the sign.  That might keep a bad guy to stay away from your car.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Or he will stand there scratching his head wondering what a stenrect crawler is, and you can nab him!   :D

Seriously, DR, I hope your car gets fixed without any hassle.  Not a fun way to start a day.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Laurna, it may not be worth filing an insurance claim because the cost of replacing the window is less than my deductible.

Also, our police department has a Victims' Services office that will help with this sort of thing, so I'm going to see them in the morning.

It's just a pain and I'm grouchy about it.

DF, if I had the capability of calling up a stenrect crawler, I think I'd send it to infest the underpants of whoever did this to me and my neighbors.  (The cars of six other people in my building were also burglarized.)

Thanks, Jerusha.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

AnnieUK

People like that make me sick. Trouble is, at least over here, crimes like that are largely ignored by the police in favour of the bigger stuff. I can see why, sorta, but it still gives the message that you can do stuff and get away with it.

Sorry you've had this happen to you.

DesertRose

Yeah, I don't have a lot of hope that the police are actually going to find who did this, although they did come out and take statements and dust the cars for fingerprints, so who knows?

DesertRose

News on the broken window front.

The auto glass company that Victim Services sent me to has agreed to do the repair for exactly the amount Victim Services pays, so I don't have any out of pocket expenses to get it fixed.

I just have to wait until Tuesday, because my car is old and they had to order the glass for it.

But in any case, it will be right soon, and hopefully the police will catch this jerk/these jerks and it won't happen anymore.

Laurna

I am so glad to hear it will not cost you extra to fix your car.   I do hope you have another means of getting to work until Tuesday.  Some times the small things can be such a hassle. 

I guess that makes this a good weekend to stay home and read books... or write one... ;)

May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

The car is drivable.  What's missing is the window on the driver's door, and it is currently taped up with clear plastic to keep the weather out.  :D

derynifanatic64

Quote from: DesertRose on July 27, 2013, 12:57:53 AM
The car is drivable.  What's missing is the window on the driver's door, and it is currently taped up with clear plastic to keep the weather out.  :D
At least you're not using a pair of pliers for a steering wheel like some guy in Australia did recently.  He got charged for a hit and run AND for possession of meth.  His car also had 2 flat tires as well.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

DesertRose

Holy cannoli.  How was he driving with two flat tires and everything else wrong with his car?  Jeez.

Shiral

Quote from: DesertRose on July 27, 2013, 11:49:31 AM
Holy cannoli.  How was he driving with two flat tires and everything else wrong with his car?  Jeez.

Probably NOT completely in possession of his faculties.  And hell bent determined.

Sorry about your car, DR. It's maddening when things like that happen. But I'm glad you won't be hit too hard in the pocket book to fix it.

If not a stenrect crawler, this transgression calls for a Caradot!
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

I'm glad that the window is being taken care of, at least.  I hope they catch the person(s) who broke it, but I'm less than optimistic on that score.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!