• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 364
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What a Weekend!

Started by Elkhound, July 08, 2013, 10:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

I went out of town for July 4, and came back on the evening of the 5th.  I decided to take a shower before dinner.

For those who don't know, I own a duplex; I live in the upstairs unit and rent out the downstairs unit.

Well, just as I got out of the shower, I got a call from my downstairs tenant.  "I'm having water in my living room!"  (Which is directly below my bathroom.)  I put on some clothing and went down to see.  Sure enough.  Well, it was late enough that the plumber would charge $300.00/hour, so I said, "Come Monday; I'll take spongebaths until then."  Well, Saturday afternoon I went out and while out got a call from her saying, "It is raining in my bedroom!"  (Which is right under my kitchen/laundry.)  I rushed home to find that my washing machine had ripped itself apart rather spectacularly---water all over the kitchen and falling down into her place.  Well, we got things cleaned up and determined that it wasn't a plumbing problem, but with the washing machine, which I tossed after consulting my appliance repair man who assured me it wouldn't be worth fixing.

The plumber came today and looked at the bathroom, and found it was something fairly simple, which he was able to fix for less than $100.00, and I was able to find a replacement washing machine at Lowes for about $450.00, so it wasn't as expensive as it might have been, but it was still a bit of a trauma.

derynifanatic64

You're telling me.  May your future weekends be less dramatic and dry from now on.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Not exactly the fireworks you were expecting for the holiday weekend!  Glad everything is back to normal and fixed.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Wow!  Hope everything goes uphill (above flood level anyway) from here! 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!