• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:15:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Any idea when the third Childe Morgan book will be out?

Started by snuffybear, June 30, 2013, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

I will be standing in front of the book store waiting for it to open on 2 December!

I'll have to read ItKS and CM again in the Fall, to make sure I'm up to speed on all that has happened before.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Aerlys

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

AnnieUK

Meh, it's not listed on .co.uk. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have to order from the US.

Evie

Her more recent books have also been available in Kindle format, so if you have to order from the US Amazon store, that's one way to avoid shipping costs.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

I've got all the others as hardbacks, though. So, y'know *twitch* completeness *twitch*.

Plus, if you're in the UK, you can't buy Kindle books from the US site. Which is annoying, because .com always seems to have better deals than .co.uk. :(

Evie

Certain avid book readers in the US might be willing to consider a trade of a US hardcopy edition for some harder-to-obtain-in-the-US title or another.   Not that I can think of any particular examples at the moment, but I'm sure I could come up with some if I gave it enough thought.   ;)

--WARNING!!!--

TKnTexas

I am glad I am not the only one going through withdrawal for a new story.  I re-read the two.  That did not help.  So now I have re-read most everything.  I cannot re-read King Javan's Year, there is not enough Kleenex.
Thomas Hill

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Thanks for delurking to post that, heretoday52!

For those of you who have done Amazon pre-orders before, does Amazon charge you at the time of pre-order, or when the book finally comes out and is shipped to you?  I don't use a credit card, and I wouldn't want to have the money charged to my debit card at a time when my balance is low, which is why I haven't done a pre-order yet.  (I know I've got sufficient funds in my account now, but I have no idea what my balance will look like at the time the book is released.)  Or does Amazon simply let you know when the book is ready to order, and leave it to the buyer to decide whether to actually purchase it or not at that time?

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Reading carefully through my Amazon order confirmation the money is charged on dispatch which will be on the release date. Once you have ordered then it automatically goes through so it's a question of keeping an eye on the publication date. Like you I don't have a credit card (an invention of what they call round here "the other fella" as opposed to "the big fella") but was worried that by December 2nd I will be too busy to remember to order. The price was quoted in £ so hopefully that means the book is being published over here, most of my KK titles are second hand from your side of the water and can take up to a month to arrive. And I shall go mad if I have to wait until after Christmas...
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Yup, that was the Amazon.co.uk listing, although US Amazon also has it available for pre-order.

--WARNING!!!--

derynifanatic64

I'm sure everyone will now put December 2, 2014 on their calendars.  The countdown has begun!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Quote from: revanne on June 04, 2014, 04:07:33 PM
And I shall go mad if I have to wait until after Christmas...

I shall go mad waiting until Christmas.  :o
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

There have been instances of books going out from Amazon a few days before official release, though, so if you're pre-ordering it might be worth making sure there's enough there from a week or so before. And if the price goes down in the meantime, they adjust what you pay accordingly.

IIRC Words of Radiance was shipped to a few customers ahead of release day.