• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Any idea when the third Childe Morgan book will be out?

Started by snuffybear, June 30, 2013, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snuffybear

Has KK given any hint when the third Childe Morgan book will be out?

DesertRose

Not really, although she's almost finished writing it.  But no clue on a release date.

Sorry.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Hi, Snuffybear!  I'm not sure KK herself knows when the book will be out, given that she's already past her original deadline for completing it (real life keeps happening and taking precedence over getting the book completed), but she is always glad to give her fans progress reports on what she's gotten done from week to week.  She was out of town this past weekend, but I believe she'll be back in the Forum chatroom next Sunday, so if you are able to get to the next KK Chat (on Sundays at 7:00 pm US Eastern time, whatever that translates into for you, and a link to the chatroom is available in the top section of the Forum home page), she might be able to give you some sort of rough guess about when she thinks she'll have the book completed.  After that, add in several more months for the publisher to actually get it into print and onto bookstore shelves.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

No matter how long we have to wait for the book, it will be well worth the wait!!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

TKnTexas

I just re-read both Books again.  My "allergies" must have flared up reading the two, but several Kleenexes mopped up the situation.  Looking forward now more and more to Book 3.  Alaric is one of my favorite characters.
Thomas Hill

mikebell90

Real life is real life, but it's been 6 years since CM2. Hope nothings too awful

DesertRose

KK hasn't given any indication in chat that anything is particularly wrong, and CM3, tentatively titled The King's Deryni, is with the editor now.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

She said something in chat fairly recently about when she thought (hoped?) it might be in print.  Originally her hope was that it would be out this coming Spring, but the last time she mentioned it, that got pushed later to either summer or autumn, didn't it?  So you could try looking through the last few weeks of chat archives to see where she mentioned that.  She finished the final edits and sent it in to the editor last September, IIRC.

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

I remember her saying something, but I don't recall what it was and I'm too lazy to go fiddle around with the chat transcripts and find it.  :P

Evie

From the 22 December 2013 transcript:

Quote[Sunday, December 22, 2013] [07:18:17 PM] <KK> It's scheduled for release next December. I have to get the chapter headings done in the next few weeks.

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

john

Amazon has 'The King's Deryni'  listed for release on 12/2/14.  9 months 3 days and counting...
Pax,
John

Shiral

You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

US/UK differences had me really excited there for a minute - 12/2 for UK means 12th February. Never mind - a nice Christmas prezzie to self
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh, yes, and I already have that week submitted off from work for vacation. No question what I will be doing between Christmas cooking and house decorating.
Can't wait!
May your horses have wings and fly!