• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 364
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 77
Total: 77
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 04:45:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2 Musical Questions

Started by Marc_du_Temple, December 08, 2023, 03:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc_du_Temple

duck, I also understand what you mean about feeling cold while reading them. They are supposed to be monks, after all.  ;) I wouldn't mind the Deryni being more vibrant.
"We're the masters of chant.
We are brothers in arms.
For we don't give up,
Till 'time has come.
Will you guide us God?
We are singing as one.
We are masters of chant." -Gregorian

DoctorM

Quote from: Jerusha on December 21, 2023, 08:15:17 AMI have always been partial to INXS's "Devil Inside" for Morgan and Derry's return to Rhemuth. Picture them cresting a hill riding hell bent for leather with the music pulsing in the background.   ;D

Somewhere, somehow, I'd want to work Prokofiev's "1944 Symphony" into my own Deryni fanfic. And I'd want to use Lunascape's "Surrender" and Duran Duran's "Ordinary World" as the romantic themes for Christian and Charissa. And there must be a place for Garbage's great cover of "Because the Night".

DoctorM

Quote from: Jerusha on December 21, 2023, 08:15:17 AMI have always been partial to INXS's "Devil Inside" for Morgan and Derry's return to Rhemuth. Picture them cresting a hill riding hell bent for leather with the music pulsing in the background.   ;D

There's a song called "Tyranny" by a forgotten mid-80s band called the Stabilizers that I'd like to use somewhere just for these lyrics: "So what's a little tyranny to you / When all you dream and do / Is to come to me..."

And I'd want to use Loreena McKennitt's version of "The Highwayman": "Now if they press me sharply/ And harry me through the day / I'll come to thee by moonlight / Though Hell should bar my way." Great poem, great line.