• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106
Google (AdSense) (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Coins of Memory - Chapter 17

Started by Laurna, June 26, 2013, 02:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on March 24, 2017, 12:06:10 PM
Really enjoyed rereadding this wonderful tale and, having dabbled a little in fanfic writing since I first read it, I am in awe of the effort and time spent inot writing it. Thank you so much for sharing.

;D My Lady, you are quiet the avid reader, I have barely commented upon you last comment, to find you have read this completely.  LOL.  All I can say again, is I am glad you are part of our forum and I look forward to a taste of your fanfic writing, soon perhaps?
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Alas Laurna, the stories are there in my head. Getting them down on paper is a different matter. Although I read very fast, writing is painfully slow. Now, if we could only find that portal and gather around the fire in a cosy solar somewhere with warmed mead to cheer us, I could happily spin a yarn or two. There are a few schola students who are up to no good...
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh, I am so there Revanne. Perhaps we could make a date with a multiple person video chat phone, like a meeting call and spin yarns on some summer evening. I would hate to imagine the phone bill but it would be lots of fun.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on March 24, 2017, 03:58:59 PM
Oh, I am so there Revanne. Perhaps we could make a date with a multiple person video chat phone, like a meeting call and spin yarns on some summer evening. I would hate to imagine the phone bill but it would be lots of fun.

Maybe we could do it via Skype or Google Hangouts.  That would remove the phone bill problem, as long as everyone's internet access behaved itself.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Count me in.  I know of a set of triplets who may have a few tales of their own to tell....  ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

Quote from: revanne on March 24, 2017, 03:22:29 PM
Alas Laurna, the stories are there in my head. Getting them down on paper is a different matter. Although I read very fast, writing is painfully slow. Now, if we could only find that portal and gather around the fire in a cosy solar somewhere with warmed mead to cheer us, I could happily spin a yarn or two. There are a few schola students who are up to no good...

Have you thought of getting Dragon or some other speech-recognition software?

revanne

That would be the answer, I just need to find one that I can get on with. I tried one 25 years ago when I was writing essays and it was a no-go but the software will have moved on a lot since then.

I'm still looking for that portal though as I suspect  story-telling as opposed to writing is where my gift lies. Firelight, mead and good company would be a great incentive.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Elkhound

Quote from: revanne on March 24, 2017, 11:26:28 PM
That would be the answer, I just need to find one that I can get on with. I tried one 25 years ago when I was writing essays and it was a no-go but the software will have moved on a lot since then.

I'm still looking for that portal though as I suspect  story-telling as opposed to writing is where my gift lies. Firelight, mead and good company would be a great incentive.

There are professional storytellers.  One of my father's former students is a professional storyteller in NY city.  She goes to schools, community centers, public libraries, etc.