• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 229
Total: 230
drakensis
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

fanzine info

Started by Mitch, February 22, 2008, 08:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

Hi, all - after having devoured pretty much all of KK's writing, I wonder about the fanzines that have been published: I foolishly neglected to jot down the address when I saw it in the old usenet group. If any of you could please point me there, I would be most grateful.

There is a reason for asking:as I am sure many others have, I too have some ideas for a story or 2, going way back to the origins of Derynihood and the era of Orin (probably the most mysterious of KK's characters). What were in those scrolls found in his tomb, anyway???

Cheers,

Mitch

Shiral

Hi Mitch,

Julianne Toomey-Kautz is the Editor of Deryni Archives the 'Zine. email her via her forum profile. She's also a member of this board. I'm sure she'll be glad of another interested fan author!

Melissa

*edited by administrator, removed email address from the post
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Obiwan3

Any idea when Volume 20 will come out?

JulianneTK

Sorry, guys, not a clue.  I am hoping that as Katherine gets more settled in down in VA, I can XXXconXXX er, give her a chance to look at the submissions for issue 20.  :)
Julianne

lancingboy

Um....what's a fanzine and what does it do?

Shiral

Quote from: lancingboy on May 07, 2008, 02:14:46 AM
Um....what's a fanzine and what does it do?

Deryni Archives: The Magazine started back in the late 1970's/early 1980's with Katherine herself as editor. In the pre-internet days, it was the Deryni newsletter and a collection of Deryni-based Fanfiction--and still is!   It typically includes a newsletter from Katherine, Deryni art and various Deryni-related input from fans. Julianne Toomey-Kautz is the current editor. If you're interested in seeing some issues, contact her and get pricing and ordering information. It's a good way to get a fix between books.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

JulianneTK

And there is a strong possibility that there will be a zine coming out before Deryni Con is here!

Mak

Yay!  I miss my 'zines!!!
-Mak

Obiwan3

Excellent! Very good news.   ;D

Elkhound

I just got a complete run of the Zine and have devoured them.

How about putting out some specialized issues?  I'd like to see a Deryni Songbook, for example.

Mak

Devoured??  That means you are going to have to order a new set if you want to actually read them!!   :D

Did you roast them first?  Seasonings?  Just curious...  (and a brat!!)   ;)
-Mak

Elkhound

I just sent in the money order for the latest edition.

Elkhound

Quote from: Elkhound on August 25, 2009, 10:36:18 AM
I just sent in the money order for the latest edition.

When can I expect to get the zine?

Elkhound

I got it.  Read it.  Liked it.  Thanks.